If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Friday, January 19, 2024

Friday Photos

 Good Morning:

I haven't taken very many photos this week.  I'm trying to remember to take more, but usually, I don't think about it or I'm driving, or I don't have my phone with me.  But one of these days I'll get better about taking photos (or not).  lol

It's been a good week.  We had lunch with hubby's mom yesterday and on Wednesday I had the crochet group.  Hubby worked 2 1/2 days this week at church and I was there with him too.  As I said in another post, I did get my Christmas things put away and I'm glad.  However, I have not brought back out the things I have out the rest of the year.  I think I may leave it plain for a few more days and then when I do put it out, only put the things I really love.  Hope this will help me do a little more purging.  If I don't love it, I'm going to try to make myself get rid of it...we'll see how that goes.  Here is one thing I don't plan to get rid of.  My sister had this cat sitting by the door of her room.  Now I have it sitting by the door of our guest room/craft room.  I think it's so cute.


Karen's cat

I was visiting Memphis Bridges this morning and she talked about and showed some pictures of food she had made this week.  So, I stopped reading for a bit and started a pot of potato soup.  I can't wait to have this later today.

Yum!

We woke up to maybe an inch of snow,  I'm hoping we will stay home and not have to get out in it today.  Time will tell.  I leaned out the front door and grabbed this photo.

It wasn't totally light out yet, but I still think it's pretty.

So that's about all the pictures I've taken this week that I haven't already shown here.  Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a good day.

Cathy


18 comments:

  1. Thanks for reading this morning! I'm glad it inspired you to make the potato soup. That is such a great winter comfort food, especially on a snowy day! I'm hit or miss it seems on taking photos it seems. It is good sometimes to just be in the moment though. Now I'm inpsired to actually put away my Christmas items! I love the idea of taking your time to put the other stuff back. Enjoy the snowy views and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are inspired to put the things away. Hey and if you have a spare room like that, you have the freedom to do a little at a time. That's why I'm in no big hurry to put the other stuff back out.

      Delete
  2. The soup sounds wonderful! I may make some for dinner tonight to go with leftovers. I put a lot of cheddar cheese in mine too! Thanks for the birthday wishes! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love that cat. That is a very sweet memory of your dear sister. I know it will make you smile when you look at it. And the potato soup sounds REALLY good!! I love homemade potato soup! And the snow is beautiful too! Just a nice light covering to make everything look fresh and white! Enjoy it while it lasts! As far as putting things away and not bringing things back out, I'm kind of doing the same thing right now, but probably only until Valentine's Day. Then I bring out a few things that week, but not for long. We'll see how it goes. I know I definitely need to do some purging,...but it seems like as soon as I get rid of something someone gifts me with something else! People know I'm a soft touch for things, so when they want to give something away they think of me! LOL. I try to be polite, but I say "No Mas!" (no more in Spanish!) LOL. Have a blessed and wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had to learn to say no too. A lot of the things I have, I have been given and I have enjoyed them, but I just really need to pare things down.

      Delete
  4. What a precious reminder of your sister!
    I've not put back everything in the dining room either -- as a matter of fact, it hadn't occurred to me until I read this. Good advice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a nice time with your mother in law. I love the kitty. That's a good idea not to put out everything. I have so much to purge and I just can't get started. Your potato soup looks delicious. Hopefully you are at home and staying warm in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are home and warm and the potato soup was good with lunch and I have enough that I will be enjoying it all weekend probably.

      Delete
  6. Did you get more snow? We've gotten about 4 or 5 inches at this point. The schools all closed, but they probably could have gone. The kids all had a fun snow day, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say we have between 2-3 inches and it seems to be over for now.

      Delete
  7. I had potato soup last week and it was yummy! I'm doing split pea soup tomorrow. It is definitely soup weather!! Stay warm and stay in if you can!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve never had split pea soup, but I love peas. May have to try that sometime.

      Delete
  8. Hi Cathy, the snow looks so pretty! I am like you. I need to purge, and I am not rushing to put things back. I plan to make some turkey noodle soup tomorrow since it will be raining. Have a cozy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm I’m thinking about making some potato soup! It’s rainy here and maybe my husband can make some homemade bread. The snow out your front door looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite is lentil soup... now I want to go make some!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy