If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, January 8, 2024

Bits of This and That

 

Happy Monday:

We had a nice weekend.  Mostly it's been quiet, with a few fun things interspersed throughout.

On Friday, I met two of my cousins at a concert in nearby Middletown.  The Methodist Church there has free concerts by various artists on the first Friday of every month. This one was Jimmy Rogers who is a pianist and singer of honky tonk and blues.  His piano playing was awesome and he had a nice voice too.  After that we went to lunch at Cracker Barrel and just had a fun time talking and being together. After that, I met hubby at church and finished up some things there.  Then we came home that evening and watched some TV (getting back into some of the shows we've been binging in the past year).  I also finished the blanket I was making for Lucy.


Look at all those plugs (most will be going away soon when I take down the Christmas stuff) 
We're not quite ready to turn off the lights.  lol

I think it's safe to say, she likes the blanket.  A couple times when I was still working on it
 and had laid it aside to do something else, I caught her laying on it.

On Saturday, we woke up to some snow, which was pretty much all gone by evening. But Lucy and I went out and took about 20 minute walk in spite of the snow.  Enjoyed every minute of it too.




That afternoon, we grabbed a bite from Freddy's and then spent the rest of the day at home doing laundry, reading and watching TV.  Oh and I also made a pot of potato soup and I've been enjoying that the last couple days.

Sunday we had 2 great services and we had Skyline Chili for lunch and took a nap in the afternoon because neither one of us slept well Saturday night.  I'll post the pre-recorded sermon below.  He started a new series called "Outrageous Grace - Travelling with Jonah".


I received a picture from my daughter of Colton on his first ride on the monorail at Disney World.

I think he likes it!


I finished my 2nd book (this is the first book in the second series I mentioned in my last post) of the year this morning and I have the next downloaded from Libby and onto my Kindle ready for me to start this evening,

So that's pretty much my weekend.  Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.

Cathy

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice time with your cousins. Lucy looks so comfortable. Yum on the soup. Colton looks so good. I bet he had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would imagine he did. His mom and aunt make sure he has a good time.

      Delete
  2. Colton is adorable!! Ick on the snow!! I won't be sorry if I never see that white stuff in person again. Lucy looks great on her new blanket!! Have a blessed week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fine that day, but I'd be happy if we didn't have any more this year.

      Delete
  3. That blanket's looks so inviting; no wonder Lucy's burrowing in the sweet softness. That's a great coat she's wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great recap of so many simple joys....Cracker Barrell, snow, Skyline Chili, picture from Disney and I have always enjoyed a sermon on Jonah.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy