If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, January 9, 2024

The Faith of a Child

My youngest daughter called me yesterday and shared this story.  She's been fighting some kind of infection or something in her eye for multiple weeks.  She's been to the doctor and tried different things and it would start doing better and then come back again.  Her eye would be red and swollen.  Nothing was completely getting rid of it.  She said last week it was getting better and then on Sunday it started back up again.  

That night she asked Colton if he'd like to pray for her eye.  He said yes, so they held hands and his prayer was something like this...God, please heal my mom's eye so she doesn't pass her disease on to others. I guess they both laughed at that, but then he said seriously God would you make my mom's eye better so she could feel better.  

Kerri then told me she woke up Monday morning and her eye was all clear and the swelling gone.  She says it is better than it's been this whole time she's been fighting this.  God is so good and it's wonderful how he hears a child's prayer.

At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them.   And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.  And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.  Matthew 18:1-5 NIV
Thanks for visiting.
Cathy

8 comments:

  1. What a precious prayer! I'm so gladdened that Colton already has a great relationship with the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless Colton! Each of us need someone with childlike faith praying for us:) Thanks for sharing...and I do hope that infection is completely gone (for good) very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a touching story and God heard Colton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best post I've read in days! Thank you for sharing the faith of a child with us! Powerful stuff, this!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God! Children are so pure in the eyes of God. There is something so special about them and their bold faith in God. Thank you for sharing this today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I LOVE this story! Yes, I love it when God answers a sweet child's prayer like that. What a beautiful way to build his faith! Years ago my oldest son, who was about 6 or 7 at the time, prayed for my dishwasher to work because it was the first time I'd had one and I had it all loaded up and it wouldn't work, and I was getting very frustrated (and maybe angry!) And he came and laid his hand on the DW and prayed to Jesus to heal Mommy's dishwasher because she is sad and needs for it to work. And the next time I tried to turn it on, it started right up! It was such a sweet little answer to prayer! I love how God loves His sweet children. (young and old!) Thank you for this story. It's a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy