If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, January 18, 2024

Thankful Thursday

 


Good morning!

It's time for me to give thanks to the Lord this morning.  Here are a few things I'm thankful for right now:

*  I had a really good night's sleep last night and woke up just before 7:00 this morning and I'm feeling good.

*  I just finished some breakfast and it wasn't particularly healthy, but it was good.

*  We had a good Bible study at church last night.  There weren't very many of us there, but I love it when someone asks a question and gets me to thinking about things I've never thought about before.

*  My new devotional was delivered last night and I will be starting it today.  I'm looking forward to seeing if I'm going to like it.  

*  I so enjoyed our crochet group get-together yesterday.  We really need to get a name for our group cause I never know what to call it when I tell someone about it.  lol  Anyway, we had such a good time talking and crocheting.  We started a little project yesterday to help out 2 of the ladies that (along with another of their friends)  are going to try to teach a group of young girls how to crochet at their church.  The lady running the group has not done much crocheting and asked them to do this.  They are supposed to teach them to make a scarf.  So each of us are going to start a scarf and then they'll take that to the meeting and teach them just one stitch so hopefully they'll be able to crochet the rest of the scarf.  We each have to start 8 scarves.  We're only making them 8 inches wide and we're going to do the first 10 rows.  That way they don't have to learn the chain stitch and we all agree that the first row is the hardest.  All they have to learn is how to do a half double crochet and then how to turn at the end of the row and start the next row.  It still seems overwhelming to do this for 31 girls to me, but hopefully this will give them a fighting chance.  Anyway, I'm sure the girls will have a lot of fun.  These ladies are just a joy to be with.

*  Lucy is eating so much better and I can tell she has gained some of her weight back that she lost.  I'm so thankful for her.  She is a joy and an aggravation to be around.  Guess what?  So am I.  I love this little puppy!

That's my list for today.  What are you thankful for?

I'm linking up with Jennifer for this post today.  You can link up here with your Thankful post if you'd like.  


Thanks for the visit today.

Cathy



11 comments:

  1. Yeay, Lucy! How it hurts my heart when our furbabies exhibit worrying behavior. I'm super thankful for a great groomer who recently called attention to Macie Ann's bottom ... the vet who remedied the infected gland with a steroid shot and antibiotics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so good your groomer noticed the issue and let you know and I'm glad Macie Ann is better.

      Delete
  2. How fun to have a crochet group! I would love to have a group of friends around one of my hobbies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a lot of fun and I'm so glad I was invited to join.

      Delete
  3. I'm thankful I slept well last night too! I was one of the first nights I haven't been up coughing this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you had a good nights sleep without coughing. Hope you will be completely well very quickly.

      Delete
  4. So much to be thankful for. I am so happy for you and glad Lucy is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely list! I'm glad your puppy is doing better! It is always a worry when they are sick. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for Lucy feeling better and gaining some weight back!! Sounds like such a nice week...so nice to have different groups to meet up with. That is a blessing. I hope you enjoy your new devotional!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy