If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, February 12, 2024

Bits of This and That

 

Good morning:

I hope all is well with you and that you are looking forward to a good week ahead.  I am well and looking forward to this week.  But first, let's talk about the weekend.  

On Thursday, I had an appointment with a cardiologist to talk about the results of an echocardiogram I had in December.  My primary care doctor advised that I had a heart murmur (which I had been told before) and she decided I should have an echo done.  Then there were some things found that she thought I should see a heart doctor.  So a month later, that's where I was on Thursday afternoon.  First of all, I really liked this doctor.  He explained things very well, plus he had a good sense of humor and I really like that.  Anyway, I have some stenosis of the aortic valve and there is a good chance that in 6-10 years, I may have to have the valve replaced.  My mom had to have that probably about 10-12 years ago.  It was pretty terrible, but she came through it.  However, since then, they no longer have to crack open your ribs and have such a terrible recovery.  He said now they go through the groin and recovery is pretty quick.  So, I'm hoping if I come up in the future and need this, who knows what they will have discovered by then and it will be even better than that.  But he also recommended some life style changes.  The biggie is to change my diet.  Like, eating lots of veggies and fish.  Do away with all the sweet stuff.  Donuts and candy and cakes are not my friends.  Also, exercise 30 minutes a day.  Walking is good he said.  And along with this, hopefully lose some weight.  So, I think I will be following through with these suggestions and possibly, I will never have to have the surgery.  I know this may seem bad, but to me I'm thankful it wasn't worse than this and I'm thankful to have the chance to maybe reverse or at least keep it from getting worse.  

So on Friday, hubby and I went to Outback for lunch and I had a Cobb salad, which was absolutely delicious!  And I'm sure I will be having a lot more of those in the future as the doctor suggested a big salad for lunches.  I have also done my 30 minutes of exercise every day this weekend starting on Thursday when we got home after my appointment.  

Saturday we ran some errands and watched part of a Hallmark movie and enjoyed the evening at home.

Sunday we had both services and I had a nap in the afternoon and took the dog for a walk.  Below is the pre-recorded version of the Sunday morning sermon.



This has been a good weekend and I hope yours was too.  We've had some beautiful weather with some blue skies and sunshine.  We had some rain and gray skies too, but I still think it's been a really good weekend.

The view from one of the walks with Lucy

Love this little bird enjoying the blues skies too.
  
Cathy



6 comments:

  1. Good for you on the small changes of diet and exercise. I need to do the same. I want to be healthy for my grandchildren one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful it isn't worse either. A healthy diet is a good choice and I've been working on that for my cholesterol. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's interesting about the less invasive cardio procedure! You're sure a committed gal, and I've no doubt you'll be setting 'things' right before long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! My Joe had his aortic heart valve replaced (TAVR) through the groin artery. He was home in two days and did great! I'm glad you like your cardiologist. He will take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you as you implement these lifestyle/diet changes to help you with your heart health. May God give you strength to do what needs to be done and also praying that the changes will perhaps turn things around for you so that you never have to have the surgery. God is with you and I am sure He will guide the way! Glad you like the Doctor too! Take care and enjoy your week and the nicer weather, if it stays that way. I see more snow on the way for some parts up north, so I hope you will be safe and warm! Blessings to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cathy, I am glad your doctor gave you all the information you need. I have been trying to eat more protein, but in the process, I have eaten more fat and gained fat and not muscle. Guess we both will be doing walking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy