If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Friday, February 16, 2024

Thankful Thursday on Friday


Good Morning:

I've been kind of absent around here this week.  There is nothing wrong.  I just haven't had much to say.  But I missed my Thankful post last week and I'm a day late, but I really didn't want to miss it again.  I'll be linking up with Jennifer here.


I stole the above photo from my daughter's Instagram.  This is her latest painting and I love it so much.  She used gold gilding in places and it's beautiful.  I'll try to get a better photo later to post or you can check out her Insta account at klsg.art.  I am so proud of her and thankful that she is pursuing her God-given talent of painting.  I'm also thrilled that she and I are doing a Bible study together.  I love discussing the things of God with her.


I'm thankful that my sister and I got to got to lunch together on Monday and then we went shopping for a while.  It's been a bit since we've had time to do this.  The picture of the goose is from when we walked out of Outback and there were 2 of these very large geese, but I was only able to get this picture of one.  I don't think they liked me messing around to get this photo instead of just walking by.  lol


I'm so grateful for the lovely blue skies and nice weather we've had this week.  This picture is from last week, but this is pretty much what most of my walks looked like this week.
I so enjoy Amazon sometimes.  I'm hoping this will be a favorite of mine very soon.  It's so pretty and I'm hoping it will be very comfortable in my hands when I crochet.  If I like it as much as I hope I will, I can see some more of these being ordered in different sizes in the future.  I ordered it last night and will get it on Sunday.

I also ordered this last night.  I've been wanting a digital scale as the scale I have is not very accurate and it's hard to know exactly what I weigh sometimes.  Maybe that's a blessing.  lol  



I'm thankful for this author and the books I've read by her.  This is the last book in the 2 series I have been reading this year.  I'm hoping to finish it this weekend.  I have enjoyed them all so much.  The one right before this one took me a bit to get into, but I ended up loving it too.


I'm going to have to end this here as I have to get cleaned up to go to lunch with my mother-in-law.  Take care my friends and I hope you have a blessed weekend.

Cathy


8 comments:

  1. The painting is beautiful. So nice that you had lunch with your sister and saw the geese. Glad your weather has been nice. That crochet needle is very pretty. Also glad you have enjoyed your books too! Hope your lunch went well. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your daughter's painting is beautiful! Does she exhibit her work professionally?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy, your daughter is very talented! That is a pretty crochet needle. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is so talented! Her painting is beautiful. I love the fun crochet hook and hope that you love it as much as you think you will! Amazon is great for fun things like that. This was a great list of things to be thankful for! I hope you enjoy your weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You daughter has a true talent!! Thanks for sharing her art with us! Let us know how you like the new crochet hook, please! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your daughter has such talent. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That artwork - I did a doubletake when I read your daughter painted it! It's stunning! The ruffles in the sleeves, her hair, it's just beautiful! I'm going to check out her Insta as soon as I'm done here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous painting!! I hope you are having a good week...and that the new scale was kind to you. LOL!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy