If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Thankful Thursday

Link up is here.

Sorry, I've mostly been MIA this week.  I just haven't had much to say.  I've had a good week, but just have kind of lost my blogging mojo.  But I still want to take time to be thankful.

*  I am so thankful for my sister.  We spent a few hours together on Monday.  We went to Hobby Lobby and Whole Foods Market and then to Kroger and had lunch at Taco Bell.  It was just a few hours, but I had so much fun.  

*  I'm so thankful for both of my daughters.  I've talked to both of them several times this week and I so love that.  

*  Kelli (the oldest) and I are doing a long distance Bible Study together called, "Jesus & Women in the First Century and Now."  So far it has been very good.  I feel like I'm learning and stretching and growing closer to God and also to Kelli.  She brings in so many insights that I would never think of and I hope I'm doing the same for her.  Oh and this will be the same study I will be doing with our Women's Bible Study starting in mid-March.



*  I would also like to show you a photograph of my daughter's latest painting.  I showed it last week, but I had stolen it off of Instagram.  Kelli sent this one to me, so I think it will be a bit better quality.  I am so amazed at her talent and how she's getting better and better all the time.  Here is a link to Kelli's art page on Instagram  @klsg.art is the name.

Gilded Transcendence 

I also love this doodle she sent me back in 2009.

There are so many things I'm thankful for:  warmer weather, some days of blue skies (though not today), good books I'm reading, evenings at home with hubby and so much more.  God has been so good to me.

Well, I'm going to stop here.  Tell me, what you are thankful for today.  Thanks for visiting.

Cathy



17 comments:

  1. Wow! Your daughter has amazing talent! I missed this the first time you showed it. I had no idea she had such abilities! That is so beautiful! Is there a story behind this particular painting? I love that you are doing a Bible study together online. That is very special. Some weeks we just need to take a break from blogging and maybe other stuff too. That's okay...recharge and come back even stronger! Thank you for your post today. I always enjoy reading about your list of thankfulness! It inspires me to be more thankful as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Pam. I've edited the post and given the name of the painting, "Gilded Transcendence" and a link to her art page on Instagram. She said it just developed as she went along. That is no particular person. It's gilded with gold and the light on her face and upswept hair, just developed as she did it.

      I think we are both enjoying doing the Bible Study together. As for blogging, I'll get going again soon, I hope. I am reading others posts along the way. Hope you have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Thankful, today, for nice weather, having our grandpup here and taking her on some walks. We both enjoy this milder February weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m thankful for my 2 Bible studies. The book of John and Job. I have been beyond blessed by them as well as the Ladies in the group.
    I’m thankful for the Holy Spirit - we got to talking about Him and was surprised so many just didn’t have a clear knowledge of His work. So we went over scripture from our bibles and hopefully these women will have a clearer picture of Holy Spirit. I do wish churches would teach more on Him.
    I like your Thankful Thursday. Something we need to practice everyday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could we ever do anything without the Holy Spirit in us.

      Delete
  4. I loved reading this! I understand about sometimes losing blog mojo; I go through that periodically. Your daughter has amazing talent! I know I said that last week, but I really do mean that. I know you love getting to talk to them and be close to them in special ways pertaining to them. I hope you're having a great week, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer, I am. And thank you for hosting Thankful Thursday each week.

      Delete
  5. What a joy to be sharing this study with your daughter! Our ladies group has recently begun "Hosea" by Jennifer Rothschild ... another winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't done "Hosea" yet, but I love the others we have done of Jennifer Rothschild. Let me know what you think of it.

      Delete
  6. Your daughter is a very talented artist!! How wonderful to be doing a Bible study with your daughter, even long distance by phone. I'm glad to read your post and hope you get your blogging mojo back soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter is very talented! Is the lady in the picture someone in particular? I get the blogging mojo thing. I've felt kind of m'eh about blogging for a while now, but after over 20 years I can't imagine not doing it at least a little. Thanks for sharing with us all the blessings in your week. It's very uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked her and no, it is no one in particular and the painting developed into this as she worked on it. Thank you Stacy.

      Delete
  8. Hi Cathy, your daughter is a good artist. Your study sounds interesting. I love the Woman at the Well story. My cousin and I served in ministry together many years. We loved how Joanna and Susana were followers of the Lord. Enjoy your study and this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susan. Yes, I just read the story of the woman at the well.

      Delete
  9. That is a lovely list of things to be thankful for. Hope you are having a nice week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy