If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Saturday, February 24, 2024

Share 4 Somethings - February 2024

 





Today is the February edition of Share 4 Somethings, where we're talking about some things we loved or disliked, accomplished, improved upon or something that needs improvement, and noticed this month. I hope you make plans to join Jennifer and the rest of us!  Link-up here.  It's always the last Saturday of every month. 

Loved - We had Olive Garden yesterday for lunch and I enjoyed that.  I'm still loving the books I'm reading.  I've started another series by the same author and it takes place during the time of the King Saul.  I haven't actually started reading it yet, but I checked it out through Libby.  I need to finish another book I have first.  It shouldn't take too long.




Accomplished - Our neighbors hired a crew to take down some trees in their yard and one of them saw me outside and came over and asked if we were interested in having the wood line at the back of our lot cleaned up some.  The last couple of years, the honeysuckle has grown wild and hubby and I are just not able to keep up with it like we used to.  So, we hired them to do it for us.  They did a pretty good job, of course it will look a lot better when the leaves grow back.  Right now it looks like a bunch of dead trees left.  lol (I'll try to remember to post a picture this spring,)  Below are a couple of photos of the stack of brush they cleaned out.  They came back yesterday and chipped them up and got them out of the front yard.  I'm so glad that task has been completed.



Improved -  We've improved some of our eating habits.  We're eating more salads at home and I'm really enjoying that.  I've also enjoyed some Cobb salads when we've gone out for lunch.  Wendy's has a really good Cobb salad and so does Outback.  I'm eating more fish too.  He kept telling me to eat salmon.  I said I don't like salmon, how about other fish.  He said all fish is good except not Long John Silvers.  lol   We still need to do better, but I think it's not a bad start.

Noticed - I'm noticing more and more that getting old is definitely not for sissies.  Seems like so many people I know are fighting health issues of some kind. Whether it's hip replacements, knee replacements, heart issues, cancer, etc.  While I know you don't have to be old to need these things, I think recovery is a little harder for the elderly.  But even though getting older is not easy, I'm so glad to be alive and I think I appreciate that fact more every day.  I no longer just take life for granted.

Thanks for visiting.  What have you loved, accomplished, improved or noticed in February?

Cathy




18 comments:

  1. Cathy, thanks for the gentle nudge to look for a good salad when we're out and about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. My doctor did a good job of "nudging" me.

      Delete
  2. I also try to eat a salad most every day for lunch. Some days I get tired of salad and have a sandwich, but yesterday it was a chicken salad sandwich! Does that count? LOL. I would like to eat more fish, but I don't like to cook it and it is too expensive to go out to eat it. I should make myself start adding that to our weekly menu somehow...but not fried! it kind of defeats the purpose if it is fried! LOL. Doesn't it feel good to get that yard work done? We also hired some fellas to clean up some areas around our property too. It looks a lot better, but it will grow back so fast. I hope we can manage it a little better now that it's cleaned up. Yes, getting older is not for sissies! I know it seems like I have a new ache or pain every day. Especially because I don't get out and do the work in the yard like I used to, and then when I do try to do something I really suffer for it. So we choose to suffer in our pocketbook by paying someone else to do it. LOL. Have a lovely weekend. I enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that feels great to have the yardwork done. It will look so good come spring. I think nearly all of mentioned eating better in some form or another!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly believe the answer is moderation in all and also to eat lots of salad! lol

      Delete
  4. It is always so nice to get a big job done! You are right, it does seem like an awful lot of folks are facing health issues these days...and not just the older people. I know a lot of younger ones getting all these "bugs" floating around this winter and they can't seem to shake them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been bad this year. I feel so blessed we've stayed mostly well.

      Delete
  5. I think tree maintenance folk are worth their weight in gold!
    I wasn't always a fan of salad, but try and have one for lunch 4-5 times a week. So refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your list!! I'm trying to eat better as well. Some days I blow it but most days I do better. I've lost four pounds without trying too hard. Yay! I enjoyed visiting here today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Voice of the Ancient on my to-read stack as well and although you wouldn't know it by how long it's taking me to get started, I'm really excited about it! I love Cossette's books! We've been trying to eat better too, and it's becoming easier to make the good choices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't even started thinking about working in the yard, sigh. So much to do, so little time. I have never read Connilyn Cossette's books, but have seen them around. Have a great month, stopping by from Share Four Somethings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you on eating better. I know I've been trying but I do need to add more salmon to my diet. I have high cholesterol and the statins don't agree with me so I'm hoping to lower it myself. Believe me I can relate to what you said about getting old.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All fish except Long John Silvers...that's a good one! Hooray for healthy eating. It makes such a difference, doesn't it?? Hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cathy, I enjoyed hearing about your 4 Somethings. I'm sure it's a relief having had your bushes cut back.
    Visiting today from Share 4 Somethings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy