If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, April 8, 2024

Bits of This and That


Friday morning hubby and I went to Dayton to court to watch this little girl being adopted by her stepdad. She was so happy and excited. This is the little girl and her mom who lived with us for about a year when she was about 6 months old. We are nana and papa to her. Her new dad seems to be such a really nice guy. He has been part of her life since 2015 and it's so obvious they love each other. Unfortunately, I have not done very well in keeping up with her, but I hope to change that.  She is the sweetest 11 year old I know.  I intentionally did not show full on face photos as her mom does not put them out on social media too much.  I'm so glad I got to go and she was so happy to see me as I was her. 


Her mom took this as I was getting ready to leave. 
Unfortunately, I already had my coat on. 
I hate not being able to show her face,

The rest of our Friday and Saturday were very quiet and relaxing. On Sunday we had Sunday School, Church and Sunday evening Bible Study. Below is the pre-recorded Sunday morning sermon.


Thanks for visiting.

Cathy

12 comments:

  1. What a blessing! ... and would you just look at the judge's happy face! That must be a welcome change from what he usually sees come before the bench.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious of this adoption for this sweet little girl! She will never forget that day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m sure you are right.Her mom and my girls were foster sisters at one time.

      Delete
  3. How exciting for this dear little girl...to feel so loved by her "Daddy" and whole family together...and to have you as a kind of "God-Mother" too. Really special day for her. Thank you for sharing it with us. Gives me happy goose-bumps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely way to spend your morning! I am sure this young lady is beautiful and is blessed to be surrounded by so many who love her. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful story you shared. She is lucky to have you in her life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy