If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Currently and Wednesday Hodgepodge

and


From this Side of the Pond

I'm linking up with Jennifer for the April Currently Post. I'm also linking up with Joyce for the Wednesday Hodgepodge



*Loving - The new purse I bought on Amazon. I've been searching for a new purse for months and finally made the decision and I love it.




*Looking Forward To - Hearing all about my daughter's trip to Italy.



*Buying - I just bought a new pair of shoes.  They are just like my old ones that I have absolutely worn out.  Here are the new ones.




*Planting - Nothing at the moment.  But I bought this at Home Goods on Monday and love the little pop of color in my house.



*Cleaning - I'm currently working in my craft room.  I accomplished quite a bit last night.  No photos.






1. What's a talent you wish you had? I would like to play some stringed instruments, such as guitar, harp, ukelele, etc.

2. In one word, what's your state of mind right now? Rested is what first comes to mind...I slept better last night than I have in a while.

3. What's the next major purchase you need to make? Will it happen this month? This year? We really don't have a major purchase to make that I'm aware of.

4. Tuesday (April 2nd) was National PB and J Day...did you celebrate? Is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich something you eat weekly or more? What's your favorite kind of jelly? No I didn't celebrate, however I do like a PB&J and the jelly would be strawberry.

5. Are you easily intimidated? Who or what intimidates you? Sometimes, I'm very easily intimidated, but I'm learning to forge ahead and do what I need to.

6. Insert your own random thought here. A month or so ago I decided to try making Overnight Oats and now I am hooked.  In fact, I'm finishing up my breakfast of Overnight Oats as I'm working on this post.  Below is a photo of the bottle I use to mix them in.  I made this last night before bed.  There are some fresh blueberries, sliced almonds, cranberries, chocolate chips, vanilla, and Stevia along with the oats and milk.  Yummy!  A different taste in every spoonful.





 Thanks for visiting and the link-ups are at the top of the page.

Cathy


16 comments:

  1. That's a great-looking purse, Cathy. Pockets!!!
    My son and DIL make oatmeal and refrigerate overnight, but I didn't realize 'Overnight Oats' was a thing. Yours sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen people talking about them on social media for a couple of years. I decided to try them myself and I'm in love with them.

      Delete
  2. Good morning! I sure wish I was headed home from a trip to Italy. How nice for your daughter!! And hooray for sleeping well...and for overnight oats. I would love to have the measurements (aka recipe) you use. I really like overnight oats but often forget about making them. But I just might tonight:) Thanks for the tip on punch needling. I have not heard of that...but looks like something fun to try and learn. I'm not that crafty but I keep trying!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a half cup of oats and most recipes I've seen call for an equal amount of milk, however I like more milk and just fill to the top of my container (probably about a cup). I use a squirt of Stevia and probably about a tsp of imitation vanilla. The rest, I just use what I have on hand. The almonds and cranberries were actually a topping for salads, the blueberries were fresh and I probably used about 8-10 chocolate chips. I'm always looking for things in the store that I think would be really good.

      Delete
  3. I didn't sleep particularly well last night but I did wake up feeling rested, which is odd but I am thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy, it is always nice to get a new purse and shoes. I have never tried the overnight oats. I am at our Marriott timeshare n San Diego with my son and his family. Hubby and I just had left over Shepherds pie for breakfast that we got at the Cheesecake factory. It was pretty good! The mattresses here are very comfortable! Glad you slept well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a new pair of shoes similar to yours because I wore the old ones out as well. Italy? How wonderful. I like PB&J too, I don't think you ever grow out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cathy, rested is a great place to be. :) Your overnight oats sound good. Happy April to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your purse looks lovely. Yes, I hope they are having a wonderful time. Cute shoes. I think the stringed instrument sounds lovely. You should try it. Rested is good! Your random sounds delicious. I often mix oats into my yogurt and some peanut butter and leave it overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That purse is beautiful! I would love to be able to play any sort of instrument. I've tried a few times but it's such a struggle for me to even just read the sheet music; weird because I can read it just fine when I need to sing! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your purse, the shoes, and that adorable flower arrangement from Home Goods! All good things. Your daughter looks beautiful in that picture of her in Italy. What an amazing trip that must be for her! I'm so glad you joined us today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your new purse. But I don’t carry a big purse anymore. I use a teeny tiny crossbody purse that is just big enough for my phone, a pen, my fob, and a small wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a beautiful purse - I've just started looking for a new one myself. I love the idea of overnight oats but so far I've never been able to pull off actually making them! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, I love your purse! So pretty! I am also a fan of overnight oats. My hubs isn't as crazy about them and prefers I just make oatmeal on the stove, but this is nice for a change. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed your answers. I like overnight oats.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy