If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, May 6, 2024

Bits of This and That

 



Good morning,

Here's a bit about my weekend.

Friday - Hubby and I picked up his mom and then we met my sister and her husband for lunch. We always have so much fun being together. No pictures as all 5 of us do no like having a picture taken. We were probably about 45 minutes from home and out in the country. So we drove backroads going back home. We stopped at the cemetery because we found out that my sister's stone had been put up.

I think it turned out really well. My other sister
designed it and I think it's perfect. The words
 are from a song called "He Who Began a Good
Work in You" by Steve Green and the scripture is Philippians 1:8

Here is that song sung by Steve Green. Such beautiful and true words.

After stopping there, I found out my mother-in-law had never seen this cemetery, so on the way home, I drove by some of the homes we had lived in when I was growing up and shared some stories with her. I enjoyed it and she seemed to also. Of course, she was kind of a captive audience, as I was the one driving.

Saturday, we slept in a little and then we went to church so hubby could pre-record the Sunday sermon for YouTube and FB. I ran the copies of the bulletin and sermon notes and folded and put them together. After that, we went to Outback and I had the Cobb Salad and hubby had a combo meal of Alice Springs Chicken and sirloin. All was very good. I think that evening we watched one of the Hailey Dean Mystery Movies on Hallmark.


Sunday we went to church and picked up some lunch from a couple drive-thru's as we didn't want the same thing for lunch. He had Gold Star Chili and I had KFC. Then that afternoon I read a lot and cleaned the hummingbird feeder and got out a feeder from last year and cleaned it and made new sugar water and put them both up. We've seen 2 hummingbirds so far or it may have just been the same one that we've seen twice.

 

When pulling out of the garage that morning, look who we saw
peaking their head out of the birdhouse.
 
She's got a big ole nest inside the house.

We went back to church that evening and then relaxed for the evening watching some TV and reading. I'm currently reading another book by Connilyn Cossette.  I've read 2 of her series (Out From Egypt, Cities of Refuge) I've read one from the The Kings Men Series and then realized that the The Covenant House Series came first, so I'm reading the first one in that series called To Dwell Among Cedars. I love her writing so much. If you like series and you like stories mixed in with the history of the Old Testament, I think you would really enjoy her books.


So that was my weekend. How was yours?

Cathy


Linking up with Holly and Sarah.


13 comments:

  1. Have a beautiful day in the Lord. Blessings.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice Springs chicken use to be my favorite at Outback, but I haven't been in so long. Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been awhile since we've been there until the last couple months. We've been enjoying it again.

      Delete
  3. Karen's headstone is exquisite - both the verse and image of the two hands. Good to know Outback makes a Cobb Salad. I've been on a salad kick for a while now, but haven't been there in years -- probably because it's only open at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ones near us are open at 11:00am. They also have a good steak salad. I haven't tried it, but hubby loves it.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a fun and laid back weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a nice lunch. Your sisters stone is lovely. So glad you were able to see it. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the books, I'm always looking for a good read and have added these to my 'list to read.' Your sister's marker is so pretty, your sister's design is great. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mary. I hope you enjoy the books.

      Delete
  7. Your sister's headstone is lovely. I've been on the hunt for a new hummingbird feeder this year since our started leaking last year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My weekend was good. I wrote about it yesterday but am late getting to your post. Your sister's headstone is just lovely!! We have a nice Outback here in Lakeland but I rarely go there. The dinner group I go out with seems to avoid it and I'm not sure why. I will have to mention it! Have a good rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy