If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

1. Did you watch the Kentucky Derby this past weekend? Have you ever been to a horse race? Ever ridden a horse? Did you enjoy it? Have you ever been to Kentucky? Do you like Bourbon? No, I did not watch the Kentucky Derby and no, I have not been to a horse race. I have ridden a horse (a really, really, old horse named Honeybunch) and yes, I enjoyed it. I have been to Kentucky many times. I live less than an hour from the Ohio/Kentucky border at the Ohio River in Cincinnati. I have never tasted Bourbon, so I have no idea if I like it.

2. What's something you wish you'd placed in a time capsule fifteen years ago? I can't think of a thing.

3. Are you adventurous? Elaborate. No, not really. I wish I was.

4. Something you want to make this year? It can be a new recipe, craft, diy project, a milestone you've set for yourself...anything at all. I'm working on baby blankets right now and we are donating them to my sister's church for whenever someone has a baby, they give them a handmade blanket. I'm waiting on the yarn I bought to come in so I can start a baby blanket for my nephew's baby coming in October. We're also talking about making some lap blankets for seniors who would like to have them.

5. Cinco de Mayo was also celebrated this past weekend...do you like Mexican food? If so what's your favorite dish? Have you ever been to Mexico? Margarita-yes or no? Yes, I do. I have several favorites such as nachos, tacos, burritos and enchiladas. I also like refried beans and rice. I have not been to Mexico.I've never tasted a Margarita either. But I will say they are very pretty drinks.

6. Insert your own random thought here. The lilacs are blooming!





That's it for me today. If you click on the button at the top of the page, you'll find Joyce's page. Joyce is the one to host us every week.  Thanks Joyce!

Cathy

22 comments:

  1. That's great you make baby blankets! If there is ever an excess, they are such a popular items at children's hospitals if you need another place to donate. When we donate blankets at our locat children's hospital, everyone always loves them. We have several churches who make baby blankets and prayer shawls to give to bereaving families.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions. I think I would like to do that sometime.

      Delete
  2. Pretty flowers! I'm just not a margarita fan but I do like Mexican beer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know there was such a Mexican beer. I don't drink so I've never tried any of that. But I do think some drinks are so pretty and maybe someday I'll get some without the alcohol. But mostly I'm content with my Diet Cokes. lol

      Delete
  3. The lilacs are so pretty. Have a beautiful day.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely that you make baby blankets! One of my most treasured possessions is the christening blanket my Mum made for my daughter, the wool is so fine, it's like lace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! Those lilacs are gorgeous! Our church knitters make prayer shawls for anyone with serious sickness or in the hospital, etc. Typically a deacon or one of the pastors takes it when they visit and they are appreciated. My mother-in-law has made baby blankets for all the grands and great grands. Very special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had those lilac bushes for at least 25 years. I love them.

      Delete
  6. Mexican food is a favorite of ours! As a matter of fact, I'm going to strongly suggest Tom take me there soon.
    I love your church's initiative making both those blankets, both for 'new' kids and seniors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually my sister's church. In fact, the other 3 ladies in my crochet group all go to that church. Hope you have a great day.

      Delete
  7. Wow! Those lilacs are amazing! I miss them so much. They don't grow here in Florida and they were my mother's favorite flower. She always grieved for it every spring since we moved to Florida. When she died we had lilacs shipped in for her big bouquet at her funeral. They were expensive, but it was worth it to us to honor her that way. I just wish she could've been there to see them and smell them! Maybe she knew from heaven. I love that you can knit baby blankets and that they are going to help babies and others in need of them. That is such a wonderful mission. Thank you for doing that. Our church has a quilting group of ladies who make lap quilts that are donated to the Ronald McDonald house and also to some nursing homes. I love to see churches doing such loving acts. I hope you have a blessed and wonderful rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet that you all got the lilacs for your mom. I never thought of donating blankets to Ronald McDonald House. Hope you have a great day.

      Delete
  8. Oh, I can only imagine the lovely scent of those lilacs! Such a great plant. That is such a great gift to make for new babies and for seniors, too. Enjoy your projects and happy Hodgepodge to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lilacs. My favorite and I miss them!! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think a lap blanket for seniors is a great idea! I have made a few baby quilts. I don't think I have smelled lilac before or seen them growing. My roses are blooming and some of them smell really good! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never quilted, but I certainly love quilts.

      Delete
  11. Okay, I had to laugh at myself because when you said you couldn't think of anything for your time capsule, I thought to myself, your memory! That is so nice of you to do the baby blankets. Your favorite dishes sound good. I'm a fan of black beans and rice. The lilac's are beautiful. We don't have them here but they were always my favorite. I have a few pictures that Mark's grandmother painted. One is a bouquet of flowers and the other is geraniums which I love. There is one more picture which is lilac's which Mark's mom has and she put my name on the back to get it when she passes away. Have a Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My lilacs didn't bloom for long and I don't think they're getting much sun right now because we have them blocked with canopies. :( I enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy