If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

My computer got a virus and has been very, very sick. Hubby has just about got it all back up and ready for me. I'm using a different computer right now, but hope by tonight I'll be back on my own.

Kelli arrived home Thursday. Her dad and I and her dad's parents were at the airport to meet her. It was so good to see her again. We hadn't seen her since August and it's been since May that her grandparents had seen her. So fun!

Did a little shopping on Friday and Kelli renewed her driver's license since she was back in the state. They expired in October and it was just too hard to do it through the mail. So at least now she can drive while she's home.

Saturday, hubby and I went to the grocery store 3 times. Can you imagine? We went early in the morning to get the rest of the food items from the Christmas baskets. Then we went out for lunch and stopped to get our own groceries. We went to a store about 20 minutes north of our town. As we were shopping we realized that they were more expensive than the store in our town. So we went ahead and bought what we had in our cart and then left and went to our town grocery (same store, but just different branches) and got the rest of our groceries.

Took Kelli to Skyline (which is one of her favorite chili restaurants, as she used to work there) and then visited with my mom and dad.

Mom talked to the Doctor on Friday and has opted not to have surgery. They are going to try medication. We're praying this will take care of the problem. She is feeling good. Thank you for all of your prayers.

Sunday we had a great morning service. I may be considered prejudiced, but I think my husband did a wonderful job on the sermon. Then we had our annual Christmas Church Dinner and auction after church. As always, there was great food and so much laughter and fun at the auction!

Sunday evening, Tracy, Kelli and I went to the Esquire Theater and participated in the "White Christmas" Sing a long. We had a ball, but I'll tell you more about that and possibly have some pictures later this week.

Hope you had a great weekend too.

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see/hear about your White Christmas sing-along! ;-)

    Praying that the medications will take care of your mom's problem. {{hug}}

    Hope your computer gets well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew... busy!! :)

    Praying the medicine help your momma... I know surgery is a last resort in most cases.

    I know what you mean - I'll probably be in/out of the grocery every day until after Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A White Christmas Sing along! What FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the movie on the small screen and thought of you at the sing-a-long. I hope it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're still doing a weekend wrap-up even though I quit doing the meme during my absence. I may begin doing a weekend wrap-up post again without the link up. I must admit, at this time in my life a meme is just a bit much to handle! Nice to visit again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy