If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge




1. They say you learn something new every day. What did you learn yesterday?
I learned that there is a typo on the Lincoln Memorial. Trying to engrave the word future, they put euture. Check here:  https://www.rd.com/culture/typo-lincoln-memorial/

2. Have you ever had a now or never moment? Elaborate.
I'm sure I have, but I can't think of anything at the moment.  Maybe when I decided to switch from a PC to a MAC a couple of weeks ago.  I've been considering it for awhile and hubby did some research and found a good deal on Amazon and I debated for a bit and then said let's do it.  So far, I'm pretty happy with it.

3.  April 25th is National Telephone Day. Do you still have a land line or have you gone mobile only?  No, we do not have a land line, we are only mobile.  When you receive a text message do you respond immediately? Usually I respond immediately to a text, unless I need to think on the answer for a bit.  Last time you turned your phone off? I seldom turn my phone off, only just to reset it if needed.  However, I do turn the ringer off when in church, doctor's offices, etc. In two or three sentences share with us a story/memory/incident from your childhood (or something current if that's too hard) where the telephone is featured.
Do you remember party lines?  We used to have one and I remember mom and dad talking about at night when they wanted to make a call, they'd lay the phone between them in the bed and listen to whoever was talking and have a good laugh.  I don't have anything myself, because growing up, we kids seldom used the phone for anything.

4. Close call, at someone's beck and call, call the shots, call a meeting, call it quits, call in sick, call on the carpet, wake up call...which call have you 'heard' recently? Explain.
I've not really had any of them recently.  However, maybe close call would fit.  It seems so many times when out on the road there are close calls.  For example, the other night someone passed us on a country road and there was someone coming towards us in the other lane.  It didn't seem to bother them at all, but they were really way to close to pass.  I also hate it when someone cuts over in front of you on the interstate way before they should.  That seems to happen way more than I wish it would.

5. What subject do you wish you'd paid more attention to in school?
World Geography and World History...I have so much trouble knowing where a lot of countries are located and which stories go with which country.

6. Insert your own random thought here.
This little one seems to be settling in to Texas life.


He got a boo-boo

Barefoot and happy!

Loving eating outside

He's so adorable in his hats!
If you'd like to join in with the Hodgepodge, just click on the button at the top of this post.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day!

Cathy

9 comments:

  1. Party lines....yep my childhood memory. Glad your little one is adjusting to Texas and most definitely adorable in hats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when people are in such a rush that they pass even when it's risky to do so! I see that every day, along with people who are constantly changing lanes. Hard to believe about the Lincoln memorial! Why wasn't it fixed? And I hope Colton enjoys Texas, that cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A typo on the Lincoln Memorial? Whew... now I don't feel so bad about all of mine in my blog posts. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We definitely take our lives in our own hands on the road these days. I'll never understand people being in that much of a hurry. I LOVE your phone story! Fabulous! I missed Colton moving to Texas. Have y'all been down there yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't know that about the Lincoln Memorial. I learned something new here today too : ) We love our Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes...I remember party lines.
    We didn't have any but some friends of our family did.

    I learned something new.
    I didn't know there was a typo on the Lincoln Memorial.

    I guess it's true, you learn something new everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a few "party line" memories, too. Ha! Those were the days.
    I know what you mean about "close calls" on the highways. Some people don't use good judgement, so we have to drive defensively at all times.
    Your little grandson is growing up so fast! He's a cutie, too.
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cathy! This is my first time visiting you I think. It seems many of us have funny party line stories. My sisters and I used to eavesdrop on our too...we had a neighbor who used to get on the phone and stay on for long periods of time. Those were the days, right? I enjoyed visiting today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is really something about the memorial. I love my landline. I just don't hear well on a cell phone. Huge difference for me. I don't remember us having a party line but I think my grandparents did. The freeways are not fun and it seems like every place I go I have to take the freeway. Your grandson looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy