If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, March 4, 2024

Bits of This and That

 

Good morning!

It's around 7:30am and I believe it's going to be a beautiful day.  It's 52 degrees right now and fairly cloudy, and I'm loving it!  We're supposed to reach 72 degrees today!  I believe hubby and I are going to be taking a drive to Kentucky to the airport just to watch the planes coming and going.  We are also planning to have lunch at Ford's Garage and then who knows what else we'll get into.  We were at church a big part of this weekend, so we're taking today off just to have some fun.

On Saturday, we woke up to a lot of fog.  I went out with Lucy and this is what it looked like.  


We headed to church around 10:00 to unlock and help set up for a memorial service and a luncheon afterward.  It was a really nice service and lunch was delicious.  After it was over and all cleaned up, we headed home and spent the rest of the day and evening there.

Sunday we had church and then home for one of my favorite things, a Sunday afternoon nap.  I didn't sleep much Saturday night (but I did finish a book I've been reading), so I really needed this nap.  Lucy and I then took a quick walk and then hubby and I headed back to church for the evening service.

And that pretty much wraps up our weekend.  So, what did you do this weekend?

Cathy



8 comments:

  1. Great quote by your Tracy!
    I think lazy Sunday afternoons are a real gift from God. My son and DIL picked us up and took us to lunch in Birmingham Saturday. Normally, that's not a big deal -- particularly since they were driving -- but I was exhausted at day's end and wound up watching church on the computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally understand. We were pretty tired after the funeral stuff too.

      Delete
  2. I didn't do as much as you did! It was a totally lazy weekend for me!! Much needed now and then. I am not a napper. If I take a nap, it's because I am not well. Wish I could!! I'm having lunch at our Ford's Garage tomorrow!! Always good food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me tell you, lunch was delicious! I had the lunch special fish with tater tots. Wonderful!

      Delete
  3. Seems like we stayed busy. I know Friday was busy with the moving of that dresser and setting up the new one, and then out to eat with the kids for supper. Saturday I don't even remember. LOL. Sunday was Sunday School and church and then the kids came here for lunch after church. We don't have a Sunday evening service anymore because so many of our people are old and won't drive at night, so it just wasn't working out to keep trying to have it. We've always been in churches in the past that had Sunday night and Wednesday night services, but this church is different. We do have a lot of daytime services/Bible studies, etc. and that keeps us busy enough. And yes, that Sunday afternoon nap is a must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does affect the number of people who show up in the winter, but we have more in the summer.

      Delete
  4. I love to watch planes take off and land!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy