If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, May 20, 2024

Bits of This and That - Hello Monday

 


Good Morning!

I'm linking my regular Monday "Bits of This and That" post up with Holly and Sarah for Hello Monday.



As usual, we went out to lunch each day of the weekend. On Friday, we picked up hubby's mom and we went to Fazoli's for lunch, As always, we had so much good conversation. I love my mother-in-law so much and I learn so much from her. After that we spent the rest of the day at home. I did some laundry, read some and we watched some TV...typical Friday.

On Saturday, we slept in a little, and relaxed around the house. Then we went thru the drive-thru at Culver's and sat in the van to eat. We had no errands to run so we just went back home. That evening we tried something a little different for us, but it was delicious and I believe we'll be doing it quite a bit this summer. Hubby cut up sweet peppers and onions. I cut up potatoes and he spread them out on a cookie sheet along with some brats. Added some olive oil and some seasoning we like and baked them for around an hour. Oh my, they were delicious. We're thinking trying different vegies like cauliflower, broccoli, etc. and different meats, like Italian Sausage, and who knows what else. Definitely, the vegies will be done a lot this summer. I really didn't think I would like it that much, but I was wrong,

On Sunday, we went to church and hubby had a great sermon from Psalm 32...and talked about guilt. The pre-recorded sermon is below.


That was our weekend. Just the way we enjoy them. A little bit of running around each day and then back home. I can't remember which day it was, but I also worked on my closet and finished switching out the winter clothes for the summer stuff and also started a bag of clothes to donate. Next, it's time for me to get a little more brutal and get rid of some more of the things that I haven't worn for a year or two.

Thanks for visiting.

Cathy

19 comments:

  1. I went through my closet recently too. What a chore! It feels good when it's done though!! Working on my kitchen drawers and cabinets now. How does stuff accumulate in a kitchen drawer??? Have a nice week Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It hasn't been that long since I cleaned some of our drawers and they are full again. I think this purging stuff is an ever, on-going process.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you get to spend that time with your mother in law and how much you love her. I have to say you definitely had some great things to eat. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had Fazoli's in years. There are not any more locations by me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing to have a MIL you love and want to spend time with! I wish I'd known Tom's mom, but she passed years before I knew him. Only in the last several years have I come to love fresh veggies. Unfortunately, Alabama summer's being what they are I don't like to turn on our oven. Must remember Tracy's trick come Fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a big vegie eater either, but I'm trying.

      Delete
  5. Oh yes we LOVE roasted veggies! So many roast so well too; just not all of them take an hour. Broccoli tends to burn after 30 minutes unless cooked at a really low temp but all squashes roast well-- some veggies I don't usually even like like turnips actually end up tasting a bit sweet after they've been roasted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads-up on watching out how long to cook different vegies.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a lovely weekend. Good food too! And I am happy that you are able to spend such nice times with your MIL. I miss my MIL. She was such a character, and I am glad that we were able to spend as much time with her as we did in her latter years. Much of that time was a bit challenging, but the good outweighed the bad for sure and I have good memories of that time. Thank you for sharing your "weekend" with us. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I worked on my closet too! Your sheet-pan dinner sounds delicious! There are lots of recipes out there for all kinds of veggies and meats. It does make getting food ready much easier! It is so great that you go out for lunch with you mother-in-law each weekend. I am sure she appreciates it more than you could know! Have a blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best kind of weekend! Productive AND Fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a good feeling to clean the closet! Your dinner sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A yummy dinner time treat! My husband is making Italian sausage sandwiches for dinner tonight. We love Culver's too. I try like reading your thoughts here. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy