If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 From this Side of the Pond

1. What impresses you? Kindness

2.  Where are you in your family birth order? Do you fit the stereotype of that particular slot? In what way? I'm the middle child with an older brother and sister and a younger brother and sister. I don't really know if I fit the stereotype. You'd probably need to ask my siblings.

3. What motivates you more-a reward or a consequence? Elaborate. It depends on the task probably, but I definitely prefer a reward.

4. May 14th is National Buttermilk Biscuit Day. Who thinks biscuits deserve their own day? Do you like biscuits? Make your own? Grab one for breakfast at a drive-through now and then? Which drive-through makes the one you like best? What do you like to put on a biscuit? What's your favorite food or dish that calls for buttermilk? I like biscuits but rarely eat them. No I don't make my own. I do order them as a sandwich sometimes, but then I usually just eat the egg and meat and not the biscuit because I don't need the extra carbs. McDonald's makes a decent biscuit. I like sausage gravy on my biscuit. Sometimes I just like honey or jelly on them. I don't recall any recipes I use with buttermilk.

5. Are there any weddings on your summer calendar? What's your favorite part of a wedding/wedding reception? We have no invitations for weddings yet this year. Although, I've heard rumors of some cousins getting engaged recently. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of weddings or receptions. I know, I know, I'm weird.

6. Insert your own random thought here. I started book 2 in this series and I think it's going to be really good. I finished book 1 and immediately got this from Libby. Do you use Libby? Do you like it?


Thanks for visiting. You can link up here with Joyce, who is the hostess with the mostess. 

Cathy

13 comments:

  1. Weddings make me cry and I'm not a fan of crying in public.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a fan of crying in public either.

      Delete
  2. Kindness is so rare these days. In a difficult world we need more kindness all round.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes(!) for kindness. I wish it was contagious.
    Sausage gravy is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like when good books are a part of a series. I am the last book of the Left Behind series. I like historical, biblical fiction the most.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a big fan of weddings the older I get. Back in my 20's I used to love them.
    And Yes on Kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like kindness and a good reward, too. I have not heard of Libby. It's fun to have a book series that keeps you engaged! Happy day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with kindness. Sad to say it sometimes surprises me since there is so little of it evident most places. I like my biscuits with sausage gravy, or just butter and honey (or jam).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your kindness answer. That's a lot of siblings. That sausage gravy sounds good. Enjoy your book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with kindness and am recently learning how to re-define those actions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed your answers. I love using Libby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Between the Wild Branches is a wonderful book! I'm currently (finally!) reading the next in the series, Voice of the Ancient, and I see the next one will be available soon. I'm getting behind! I have a Libby but have only used it a couple of times - I keep forgetting I have it, which is probably okay since I don't have a lot of time for reading or even listening to audio books these days. Visiting the Hodgepodge late again this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy