2. What's one thing you should toss right now, but just can't? A lot of my scrapbooking tools. I don't think I'll ever scrapbook again, but I just can't bring myself to get rid of them yet.
3. Have you visited many of the 63 National Parks in the US of A? No, I have not been to very many. You'll find a list here. Do you have a favorite? Great Smoky Mountains What National Park that you haven't seen do you most want to see? The Grand Canyon
4. How often do you get take out? Several times a week, if you count fast food drive-thru's. What's your favorite? We just tried Olive Garden last week for the first time and they did take out very well.
5. Do you have many (or any) subscriptions? Not necessarily magazines, but thinking more along the lines of boxes or products that companies offer, and you can sign up to receive on a regular basis. Could be weekly, monthly, quarterly, even daily. Tell us about them. No, I don't have any.
6. Insert your own random thought here. Our stove/oven and our dishwasher both went out last week. So, on Wednesday, my sister and I went to Lowe's and picked out new ones for us. On Thursday, the stove/oven was delivered and hooked up, which is awesome, as I can cook again. We still don't have the dishwasher, but I don't mind washing the dishes by hand for awhile. You just don't know how much you depend on your appliances until they are gone. lol.
Cathy

So nice to see you back in the HP! Sorry about the appliances. Our coffee maker died this week, which is not the same thing cost wise, but annoying nonetheless. Glad you were able to have the new stove delivered quickly. It's overwhelming to shop for appliances. There are so many choices now. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteThanks Joyce. Yes, it was a little overwhelming to get 2 at the same time. I'm not sure I could have done it without my sister. Hubby is having some mobility issues, so he couldn't go in and help.
DeleteOh boy, 2 major appliances in one week...that is tough. Glad you got the oven in! From my perspective you are young! Enjoy the 60's! When God effectually saves us we are saved forever!
ReplyDeleteIt was a little overwhelming, but we did it. My sister was a big help for sure.
DeleteI like the picture on the top. I have more pictures, but didn't want to look them up. I have tons of scrap things and I am using them again. We are adding picture to our Bibles now.I like the saying at the end. I bet you are excited to cook again. We don't even use our dishwasher except when we have our family here and we use real dishes.
ReplyDeleteI am enjoying the the new stove/oven for sure!
DeleteI'm glad you are happy about feeling good. That's awesome! Hope you can see the Grand Canyon someday. Glad you enjoy getting fast food. I agree about appliances. Glad you got a new stove/oven. We have a double built in oven which is acting up and making terrible noises. It still cooks food but we have to get a new one. Our fingers were crossed when we turned on our two air conditioning units. So far they are running after 17 years. Love your quote.
ReplyDeleteI'm happy every time our furnace or air conditioner comes on each season. Ours is almost 28 years old. lol
DeleteNew stove and dishwasher!! Nice. I'm facing getting a new fridge one of these days. The repair guy did all he could do. Hoping it hangs in there for a little while yet!! I haven't been to Olive Garden in months and months. It is always good, though! Great quote to leave us with!
ReplyDeleteOur fridge was replaced probably 3-5 years ago. So hopefully that will be around for awhile still.
DeleteWe don't visit Olive Garden so often, but I was pleasantly surprised by their take on Chicken Alfredo with steamed broccoli. I hope you'll make time to visit the Grand Canyon some day -- both my DIL and granddaughters were so surprised. The youngest actually commented, "I just thought we were going to see a big hole in the ground."
ReplyDeleteEnjoy that new stove!
Hubby saw it before we married, but I'm hoping we'll get to see it some day together. But if not, I've seen a lot of places and I'm very thankful for all the trips we have seen.
DeleteI love that quote! I agree with you on the scrapbooking tools. I have supplies on a top shelf that I will probably never use again. I am glad you were able to get a stove quickly. It seems like appliances all go out at once and we do realize how thankful we are for them. Have a good day!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait until the dishwasher gets delivered and installed. Sometime between 1-5 today.
DeleteSo sorry to hear that both appliances went at the same time! I cull through my scrapbooking supplies often and pass them onto to other crafters but I'm not sure I'd ever be able to get rid of them entirely.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about your appliances. That's hard, and they just aren't always budget friendly anymore.
ReplyDelete