If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2024

Thankful Thursday

 



Good morning:

I try on most Thursdays to make a post of things I am thankful for.  I believe it’s important to be intentional about giving thanks to the Lord, because He is worthy.  So, here are a few of the things I’m thinking about and giving praise to God for.

Music - I love many different kinds of music and I’m so thankful for the joy it brings to me and that we can use music to honor and praise Him.

Laughter - I love to laugh and I love to hear others laugh. A good belly laugh can sure add a lot of joy to my day.

Bible Study - Our fall Bible Study started Tuesday.  It was so good seeing all these ladies again and having some new ones join us too.  We’re studying Luke using this study by Lisa Harper.


Skies - I love beautiful sun rises and sunsets. I love night skies and day skies. I love seeing all the beautiful skies that God gives us. I don’t know how anyone can look up at the sky and then believe there is no God. 


Family and Friends - I am so grateful for my immediate family and my extended family, my church family, my friends and my blogging friends. I feel so blessed having all these in my life.

So, what’s something you are thankful for today?  I’d love to know. Thanks for visiting here.

Cathy

15 comments:

  1. Those are lovely things to be thankful for. Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for you and this inspiring post today! Just when I'm thinking I don't know what to write about, you come up with this, and it fills my heart with joy. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love to laugh too! That sky photo is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list! God sure paints some incredible images in the sky.
    Today I'm thankful that Tom is having a good day (health wise). Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely list, Cathy, and where would we be without our faith, family, and friends!! (not really a question!). Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of these things you listed and agree with you on being thankful for these things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Several folks have mentioned their gratitude for music in their lives. I used to listen to music all the time but really fell off listening about 15 years ago. We have a record player and all of our oldies but goodies on LP, I have Spotify and Google and Alexa and can music on a whim but never seem to think of it any more. Need to remedy that!! It does make me feel more joyful.
    Amen for pretty skies. Some of God's best handiwork. I have been shut up inside most days lately and miss wandering about in the yard, looking at our mountain view, studying the skies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy