If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Fireproof

We (all four of us) went to see the movie Fireproof last night. The church where my daughters attend youth showed the movie and invited anyone who wanted to come. Let me tell you, it was a really great movie. I know it's about marriage relationships, but it really speaks to any kind of relationship. It's not just for married people. My daughers really enjoyed it too.
The movie just made it so clear that we first have to have a relationship with Jesus Christ before we can truly love someone else the way they deserve to be loved. When we love Christ and really realize how much He loves us (and this is the key, HE LOVES US) then we can learn to love others, whether that be our spouse, our child, our parent, or our friends.
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." That just blows me away, that God gave His Son to save me. Me! Wow! And He gave His Son to save You too. Grab onto that and believe Him and then your other relationships can become what they were meant to be.
So if you get the opportunity to see Fireproof, I would strongly recommend it.

7 comments:

  1. We have a copy of this movie on it's way to us now. we're gonna use a projector and put it up on our wall and watch it with all the church folks. That is IF there is an option to change the voices to Portuguese. We did this with Facing the Giants a few months ago...they LOVED it...even though they have NO IDEA about Football...the American kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so anxious to see this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to buy this movie! I've heard SO many good things about it. Glad you enjoyed it.

    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubby and I saw it too! My daughters church had a special showing of it. I think every couple should see it and those thinking of marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, we saw it a couple months back while it was still in theatres and it is a great movie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this movie so much that I bought it and loved alot of the music in it to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy