If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Retro Wednesday

This is another picture of my mom's mom and dad. (Remember the one with them sitting on the hood of the car) This is the same couple. Grandpa loved to sing southern gospel music better than about anything. He was a bass singer. He also played this guitar, however I don't remember him playing it. He was injured in a corn picker accident and had all 4 fingers of his left hand cut off down to the first knuckle, so he could no longer play. He gave his guitar to my mom and she took lessons (as an adult) and learned to play. She and my dad sang in a quarter with my grandpa and my aunt and mom would play this guitar. My mom now has peripheral neuropathy and can no longer play the guitar. She passed it down to my brother, who gave it to his son (who is 15) and is playing the guitar now (very awesomely I might add). He plays christian rock, but it's still music for the Lord! I'm sure grandpa may not like the music, but I know he'd love the message and be so proud that he has a great grandson playing his old guitar for the Lord!

4 comments:

  1. Great to pass it down like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what a neat story! and to have a pic to go with it! makes me wanna post more of my grandma's collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't imagine losing a gift like that because you lose your fingers. That had to be HARD!!! Good for your mom for learning though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I'm trying to kick off a new "Walk Down Memory Lane" thing, so join me if you want to!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy