If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Songs I Love To Sing

This is a medley of choruses I love to sing on my way to work!

"This is the day, this is the day
That the Lord has made, that the Lord has made.
I will rejoice, I will rejoice
And be glad in it, and be glad in it.
This is the day that the Lord has made.
I will rejoice and be glad in it.
This is the day, this is the day
That the Lord has made."

"I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart
I will enter His courts with praise.
I will say this is the day that the Lord has made.
I will rejoice for He has made me glad.
He has made me glad, He has made me glad.
I will rejoice for He has made me glad.
He has made me glad, He has made me glad.
I will rejoice for He has made me glad."

"Ahh, Lord God, thou hast made the heavens and the earth by thy great power.
Ahh, Lord God, thou hast made the heavens and the earth by thy outstretched arm.
And nothing is too difficult for thee, nothing is to difficult for thee.
Great and mighty God, great in counsel and mighty in deed.
Nothing, nothing, absolutely nothing.
Nothing is too difficult for thee."


No matter what, after singing all three of these, I feel better and I'm more ready for the work day than when I got in the car. As the old time preachers say, "If that don't light your fire, then your wood's all wet." So if you ever see me in the car and notice my lips moving, there's a good chance this is what I'm singing. Why don't you join me and we'll both have a better day after praising the Lord.

6 comments:

  1. There's somethings about music that lifts the spirit.

    When we were first married, we lived 4 hours away from my parents. I received a brides book as a wedding gift written especially for new, young brides that gave motherly advise, tips, recipes, etc. There was one piece of advice I have never forgotten. The authors suggested that you sing before your husband comes home from work. Even if you are upset with him, singing will put you in a better mood because its hard to be angry and sing at the same time! :) It's true.

    Music. God's beautiful gift to us.

    Keep on singing, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely know the first two and was singing right along with you. I don't think I know that third one though. "Reads" (instead of sounds) great though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, singing soothes the mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy, "This is the Day..." is a favorite here too!
    I also love "Shout to the Lord," and I just adore this song: "All Things Bright and Beautiful"
    Hayley Westenra sings this sweetly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoyvKgVywT4
    Thanks for reminding me to sing today! ~Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... I'm still singing "All Things Bright And Beautiful" :) ~Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I'm one of those singing in the car, too!

    I have always loved the first two but I am not familiar with the third one.

    A current favorite here is "Oh, Happy Day!" complete with hand motions...while driving...sort of!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy