If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Flashback Friday


Click here to join up and play along on Flashback Friday with Mocha With Linda.

Flashback Friday Prompt: What did you want to be when you grew up? Why did you want to be that, and did you do it? Did you consistently plan to be whatever it was, or did you change your mind often? Did you do anything like volunteering or interning to give you a taste of your future occupation/role? Were you as happy/satisfied with what you became as you thought you would be? What surprised you? Would you choose it again? Do you still want to be something else - either in addition to or instead of?

 I always wanted to be a mother.  I don't know why except that's what my mom was and that's what I wanted to be.  I guess I just thought that's what you were supposed to be.  Then when I got a little older (like high school age)  I never seemed to be able to pick out a career that I wanted.  So since I couldn't think of a particular career to go to college for I got a job instead.  34 years later I'm still working at the same place (although I've changed positions) and I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up! lol 


I am happy with being a mother and I like my job too, but I think now I'm really just waiting to retire and enjoy some traveling with my hubby.  Of course this is still a few years away.

9 comments:

  1. Mother was always at the top of my list too. I did have a 'career'... a couple in fact, but motherhood is my favorite and best 'job' ever : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted to be a mother too and a psychologist. missed that one...became a teacher instead.

    I'm having a giveaway at my blog today if you want to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a mother is the best occupation there is!
    I see that you just had a birthday. Belated birthday wishes, and happy 509 posts, too! I love to blog as well--for the same reasons.
    My daughter makes Paula's banana pudding, and it IS delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kinda hated that my desire to be a mom didn't make my post until the last paragraph because I did want to be one something fierce!

    And 34 years with the same company - that's great! congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 34 years... wow! Hope they realize what a dedicated employee they have!
    I think being a mom is one of the hardest jobs there is, because you have all the careers rolled in to one. You are a chef, teacher, psychologist, taxi driver, and the list goes on and on all in one. But the rewards are wonderful!
    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
  6. "So since I couldn't think of a particular career to go to college for I got a job instead." I wish more kids had this kind of mindset. I teach college students, primarily sophomores, and it's amazing how many of them have absolutely no clue what their aptitudes or desires are. They're in college trying to figure out what they want to do while racking up loads of debt.

    Better to work a bit in the "real world" and figure out what interests you while earning some money than spending your next five years' paychecks via student loans trying to figure out what you want to do (while within an environment that's about as different from the "real world" as you can get.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always wanted to be a wife and a mother, but before that I worked with computers.

    The one thing I NEVER wanted to be was a pastor's wife. While we were dating I told my hubby that, but at the time he didn't feel called in that direction.

    So I am a wife, mother and a pastor's wife and I'm happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated birthday Cathy. Hope you had a great day. We have been away for a couple of weeks with no internet so I am catching up with your blog today.
    Lindsay
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Someone once said that God has instilled our destiny in us, and if we look back to our childhood, we can probably think back to what it was we knew we should do with our lives. I never had the 'motherhood' thing going on, but I did love to write humorous stories. Isn't it cool how God wired us all so differently?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy