If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Siesta Scripture Memory #3


Well it's February 1st and time for a new memory verse. This time I chose Isaiah 46:4 “I will be your God throughout your lifetime–until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.”   Recently I've discovered how much I love Isaiah.  I never knew there was this much great stuff in it.  So far all my Siesta Scripture Memory Verses have come from Isaiah.  Who knows all 24 may come from there.  God has so many wonderful promises in the Bible and I love discovering them.  I love this verse telling me God's going to take care of me even when I'm old (which I'm pretty close to) and that He'll carry me where I need to go and save me, all because He made me.  I guess if He made me, he can surely take care of me!

I really appreciate Beth Moore encouraging all of us in the pursuit of knowing and understanding the scriptures and encouraging us to memorize scripture.  You know it's not too late to start memorizing with us.  It's on the 1st and 15th of each month and by the end of the year we'll have learned 24 verses.  If you start today, you'll memorize 22 and that's very awesome too!  So go here, if you want to join in. 

3 comments:

  1. What a wonder verse for today for me. I'm so glad I stopped by. I needed that promise today. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much in that verse... "I made you & I will care for you"... ahh - awesome!!

    Isaiah is so full of good stuff!!! I think you could study that book for a LONNNNNNNG time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him." James 1:5

    I'm trying to memorize the first chapter...at least I always remember the book : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy