If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Not So Pretty Today

Yesterday I gave thanks for the beautiful blue skies and sunshine. Today, however is not so pretty. It's gray and rainy and we're supposed to get lots of rain today, tomorrow and Sunday with threats of flooding. But you know what? I'm going to thank Him anyway. Aren't we told to praise Him in the good times and bad, whether we feel good or not? No matter what, we are to choose to praise Him and give thanks to Him! My friend always says she chooses joy. So today, like my friend, I choose joy and I choose to praise Him and thank Him even for the rain!

Thank you Lord for giving me another day to live and thank you for dying on the cross for me and for raising up again on Easter morning! I praise you for Your awesomeness!!!

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful heartfelt post. I am so happy I stopped by. We had lots of rain yesterday but it will return all weekend I have heard. I am grateful God gives us the rain as we had a dry winter in Colorado. Love to you this Easter weekend, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! We are having rain Saturday but I'm OK with that because most of the ground around here is still brown!I put out grass seed and don't have to water it. Have a wonderful Easter no matter the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are right! And today, I am praising Him for all this rain too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rain feels appropriate today with it being Good Friday...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've noticed that for as far back as I can remember (which is a long time!) nearly every year on Good Friday-Saturday, the weather is not pretty...yet the sunrise on Easter morning brings a glorious day..weather wise as well as spiritually! Nearly every year! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy