If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Click above to join in the Hodgepodge Fun!

1. National Read a Road Map Day falls on April 5th. Would people say you have a good sense of direction? Do you rely on a GPS when you drive somewhere new? When was the last time you used a map?
I can follow directions well, however I do not have a good sense of direction.  Just used a map Monday when the boss and I were trying to figure out how close Philadelphia is to Gettysburg.

2. What's your favorite cookbook?
The Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook I got as a wedding gift 22 years ago.  Love this cookbook!


3. What painting would you like to "walk into" and experience? Why?
Thomas Kinkade's "New Day at the Cinderella Castle." Why?  Well because it's Disney of course!

4. What annoys you more- misspellings or mispronunciations?
If I'm reading, misspellings and if I'm listening, mispronunciations!


5. What is something your mother or father considered important?
Jesus Christ


6. Do you like or dislike schedules?
I kinda like them because they keep me focused.

7. Let's have some fun with National Poetry Month (that would be April)...write your own ending to this poem-

"Roses are Red
Violets are blue..."
I'm glad I'm not dead,
How about you?

A poet I am not!


8. Insert your own random thought in this space.
My oldest comes home for summer break in just 4 weeks!  Yay!!!


11 comments:

  1. Are you going to Phila? That's my home turf (sort of)...Gettysburg is a couple of hours (maybe less, maybe more depending on traffic) from Phila city center.

    I like your poem : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am counting down to my daughter coming home from college too! What a day of reunion, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers! Glad your daughter is coming home soon. I bet you will have fun stuff to do together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say that I didn't know that Kinkade did a panting of Disney, but now that I do, I can't say that I'm surprised that you chose it! ha!

    And yay! on #8.

    Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been to the real Cinderella castle here in Germany that Walt Disney used to copy for his Disney version. The Neuschwanstein Castle. It is amazing. I hope you get to visit it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers. Isn't it strange how we look forward to the day our kids leave and then when they do we want them back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, who wouldn't want to walk into that painting! I do agree with #8. Fun reading your answers. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not a poet either...that one had me stumped.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, enjoy the kids coming home. One day they will be married and could move 14 hours away like our daughter and her family is doing. Boo-Hoo!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. visiting your blog; love your word for 2011! That was my word for 2010, it helped a lot believe you me! (my word for 2011 is choice, which is a hard one considering how this year is going, LOL, with all that is going on, choice to trust, choice to know God is in control, etc)

    I bet you are looking forward to spring break!

    Disney is fun isn't it? So much to do with the different venues they have; always an adventure indeed!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I with you on schedules. I don't like something rigid but if I don't have some kind of guidance, I wander off into lala land.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy