If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Crockpot Beef Roast

A friend at work (Traci) gave us a recipe for a crock-pot beef roast. We put it on to cook this morning before work. It's super simple.  Mix a packet of dry ranch dressing, dry Italian dressing and a packet of dry brown gravy.  We took these 3 ingredients and put them in a small baggie and shook them up.  Then put the beef roast in the crock-pot and poured the dry mix over it and added 1/2 cup water and cooked all day.  When we got home from work, I added some mushrooms to the crock-pot and then cooked some noodles. 

To serve we put the noodles on the plate, added the beef & mushrooms and then some of the broth and added a little sour cream, salt & pepper and hubby added parsley to his. 

Traci, your recipe was a hit at our house.  Thanks for sharing.


7 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful, I will have to try it. Thanks@

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure does look good. Will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds good. I've never tried that particular combination but I love to cook brisket in my crock pot with dry onion soup and a can of beef consomme. So tender you can eat it with a fork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds yummy! I'm determined to get out my crock pot and use it a lot more this fall, and I'll add this to my list of meals to prepare!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love a chuck roast in the crock pot with just dry ranch dressing and a bit of water. Soooo good and tender! Of course, we grow our own beef around here. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got super hungry :( yummmmm!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy