If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. Share something you loved about your Christmas Day.
We had a really nice Christmas Day and I enjoyed most all of it.  We slept in a little late, then opened gifts with the girls.  Then we got ready and went to church and had a really nice service.  Lots of Christmas Carols and a short sermon.  Very nice time of worship.  Then we went home and had a few minutes to relax and then we went to my husband's parents' home and had lunch and then opened gifts there. My nephews brought their guitars and played a few songs for us and then we just relaxed and talked and had a great afternoon.

2. You get to put five items in a time capsule to be opened in 100 years, what items would you choose and why?
1 - some pictures of my family...so people will know what we look like
2 - a short bio on each of us...so people will know who we are
3 - a Bible...so people will know what we believe and who we believe in
4 - an iPod with some really good music, to show what we listened to and a little of what our technology is like right now
5 - some pictures of our home inside and out...to show people where and how we live

3. What do you like on a cracker?
peanut butter or cheeseball

4. Do you make resolutions at the start of a new year? How'd that work out for you this past year?
No I usually don't.

5. What's a song or song lyric you'll associate with 2011?
Sorry, but I really can't think of any particular one.

6. How will you ring in the new year?
We haven't made plans yet.  Probably we'll go to my parents early in the evening and then come home and watch a movie or something and will probably be in bed early.  Yeah, I know that sounds boring, but with hubby being a pastor we have to be up early and at church the next morning, bright eyed and bushy tailed.

7. What is something you look forward to in 2012?
Hopefully, just being healthy and having a great year and growing closer to each other and to the Lord.  We haven't planned vacations or any special activities as of yet.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
My husband and I took our Christmas Gift money and each purchased a Kindle Fire.  I haven't decided if I like it yet or not.  I like a lot of the features, but I've found it is heavier by quite a bit than the other Kindle we had.  Of course, we just got them last night, so I haven't had much time to mess with it yet.  So right now, the verdict is still out on the Fire.  But my oldest is going to take my old Kindle to school with her and I know if I decide I like it better than the Fire, I can always switch with her at the end of the school year.

7 comments:

  1. Our New Year's plans are much like yours. Hubby was a police officer and always worked that day so we never had much planned - think we will continue with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dislike being out on the roads on New Year's Eve so we usually play games and watch movies at home. Happy 2012 to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We usually just stay home on New Year's Eve (too risky to get out there on the roads), so other than driving home during the day, our New Year's Eve won't be too much different than normal this year.

    You're not the only one having trouble with #5.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your time-capsule list.
    We've never been a New Year's Eve party type and usually end up in bed before midnight.
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We usually just hang out and watch movies for New Years Eve, too. It's nice having quiet evenings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas.
    Enjoyed reading your answers.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bought my husband a Fire for Christmas, and he just loves it...loves the color and the apps!! You'll adjust, I'm sure.

    BTW, I really like the background!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy