If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

Why not click here and join in with your own Weekend Wrap-Up.

Friday - Carolyn and Carina came and visited and this is Aunt Kerri holding her.  Sweetest things (both of them).

Saturday - Sat out for about 30 minutes tanning and reading.  I'm pretty fair and have to start slowly.  I need to get a bit of a base, so I don't burn in Florida.  Plus I don't want to be such a bright white, if you know what I mean.  Just a bit of color.  To give you an idea, I was asked one time when wearing shorts if I was wearing white hose.  hahaha


Saturday was a stay at home day (we get very few of those). Kerri and I went out only long enough to get some carry-out.  Kerri had pizza, I had Chinese and hubby had Frisch's Big Boy.  Spent the rest of the day reading and relaxing.

Sunday was church

The kids had a Sunday School project.  They painted rocks and then they were placed in the rock-flower garden in front of our multi-purpose building.

Here are a few more.

And look - they even made one and put my name on it!

Sunday evening when we came out of church, we saw these hot air balloons off in the distance.

How do you like my Mickey?  It's on my car window.  I actually bought this 2 or 3 years ago, but just recently put it on my car window.  I may have to get a Minnie or a Tinkerbell on this trip.

Hope you have a great day.

11 comments:

  1. Is that a "skin" on your e-reader? I would like to do one on mine, but I'm so worried that I would not get it on straight/get a bubble in it or something.

    Saturday would have been a nice day to sit out here ... there was a bit of a break in the heat, so it was a pretty nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How much longer, now, until you leave for Disney? I'll bet you cannot wait! ;-)

      Delete
    2. I don't know about the Nook and Kindles but Apple stores will put the skins on their products for you. Verizon put one on my phone. Maybe whoever sells your reader offers that same service?

      Delete
    3. It is a skin and I put it on with no problems at all. I really love the look and the feel of it. I found mine through Amazon.

      According to the countdown on my sidebar we'll be at Disney in 33 days.

      Delete
  2. Gosh, you're not excited about going to DisneyWorld, are you? :)
    My legs are pretty white, too...I just don't do well in the sun/heat any more.
    A day at home when you've not had one in a while is soooo nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next weekend there's a balloon festival about 40 minutes from here. I've always wanted to go and see them up close but I hear the traffic is insane getting to and from. Trying to talk my hubs into it...we'll see : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you get to go. I love balloons. We used to have a festival in a city not far from us and the traffic could get pretty bad, but it was oh so worth it to so that many balloons up at the same time.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE your Mickey! :)

    That baby is so itty-bitty!!!!!

    Yipee - a Kindle shot. We need to start making those as popular as the Starbucks pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, she was just 8 days old in that photo. I haven't held one that small in a long, long time. So sweet.

      Delete
  5. Hi, Cathy~

    You are sooooo NOT alone in the white department! LOL

    Love your Mickey. I would never have guessed you were excited about going to Florida.....you keep it hidden so well! lol Hey, if you ride the buses at the park, look for a driver by the name of Dawn Minetta, that's my sister. She is such a sweetie! :D

    The rock garden is so nice....I love their work, very nice!

    Blessings for a continued good summer for all of you!

    ((((HUGS))))~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm bright white too! No getting around it! I used to try and tan when I was younger, but I totally quit intentionally getting in the sun when I was in my late twenties. It is a pain being so fair though because you always have to wear sunscreen or risk burning, and I never wear shorts because I don't want to blind people! But, I will say that I won't have bad skin damage as I age!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy