If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge


Welcome to the last Hodgepodge of 2014.  Click the button above, if you'd like to join in.  It really is a lot of fun!


1. Share a favorite moment from your Christmas holiday celebration.
Spending time with our family at the in-law's.  So much fun.




2. What would you say has been the biggest news event during your life so far?
As far as news coverage goes, I'd say 9-11 is one of the biggest news events.  As for news events in my life, it would be my marriage and the adoption of our girls.

3. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2015 is Marsala. What say you-like or no like? Would I find this color anywhere in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade to either?
I do like that color (although I've never heard it called that before).  I do have some of it in my wardrobe and Lord willing we're buying some new furniture for our livingroom this year and it's possible that color could be involved.

4. Would you rather meet your ancestors or your great grandchildren? Explain why.
I'd like to meet my ancestors because I'd like to see where we came from and how we got to where we are.  But that being said, I'd like to meet my great grandchildren because I'd like to see where they're going and how they got there.

5. Share one life lesson learned in 2014?
Remove my expectations off of others.  No one should have to live up to my expectations except me.  I'm learning to let others be themselves, not what I want them to be.  Notice I say learning.  I've not gotten there all the way yet, but I am remembering quicker and letting go easier.

6. What was your best or favorite purchase made in 2014?
Our van and my new iPad and iPhone.

7. What is one thing you're looking forward to in the new year?
Better health in my family, my daughter's wedding, and a trip to Gatlinburg in February for our 26th wedding anniversary.  I know you said one, Joyce, but I can't just pick one.  Sorry.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Happy New Year to everyone of you!!!!!

10 comments:

  1. I like your lesson learned. I think that's something I've been learning too, and maybe it comes with age. Wishing you and your family a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning! Well I am with you here...I haven't called that color "that" before. lol. However, our family couches are just that color and have been for the last 12 years and I STILL love them. I was concerned at the time we bought them that the color would grow too much over time but it never has. It is a soft, cushy leather and perfect. So if you are considering this color for furniture thought I'd let you know my experience with it. Think I am learning that lesson with you too. Wishing you and yours a very happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to learn that same life lesson, too. It's gotten a lot easier, over time. Perhaps, Joyce is right, it comes with age :)
    You have a lot to look forward to in the new year! Happy New Year to you, too.
    Kathy (from Reflections by Kathy)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know I never knew your girls were adopted? The things you learn after years of following a blog :)
    Happy new year to you & your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first started blogging, I felt the adoption news was theirs to share as they chose. Plus at the time we felt it was better to keep the information off the internet. But now, the girls have chosen to make contact with their biological family and have no problem with sharing their adoption story. So now the reasons for secrecy are gone.

      Delete
  5. I like your answer for #5. Like Rebecca I didn't know your girls were adopted. How awesome for all of you!
    Happy New Year.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great Hodgepodge!! I enjoyed learning more about you through your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your lesson learned too! And I also think it's important to let go of some of the demands and expectations we put on ourselves. I hope you have a wonderful anniversary in February and that you have a great New Year of 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to you! Thanks for stopping by my blog today, and don't worry about the multiple comment posts. :) Sounds like you will have a big year with a wedding! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy