If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Thankful Thursday

http://www.knitbygodshand.com/2015/09/thankful-thursday-link-up-38-its-long.html

It's time for Thankful Thursday.  Please click the button above to join in.

I've been gone from Thankful Thursday for a while.  But I've never quit being thankful.  It's good to be back.  Here are a few things I'm thankful for in no particular order.

**I love this scripture and I love the ability to be able to add it to a picture in the YouVersion Bible App.  This is from our Bible Study on Tuesday.  We were reminded that first we have to delight ourselves in God and then He will give us our desires.  But we were also reminded that as we delight ourselves,  our desires can change to His desires.  So awesome!


** Some close friends of my brother (who passed away November 30, 2014) got together and had this plaque made and it was put under a tree in a park in our town.  They then had a very informal gathering and invited us.  It was so cool to hear these people talking about their love for Larry and how they admired him so much.  The fun stories they told us were so great to hear.  I will always be grateful to them for doing this and for letting us be there too.


The motorcycle helmet was Larry's.  He loved riding and taking trips with friends. 
The walking stick was not Larry's, but he did have one (my older sister has it) but reminded them of Larry.  He walked a large portion of the Appalachian Trail a few years ago.
 ** I'm thankful for my little Lucy.  She makes me laugh all the time.

Wednesday morning..she always jumps in a chair and looks so sad when we're leaving for work




** Beautiful Sunsets

Sunday night on the way to meet Kerri and Charlie
**I'm thankful for quick breakfast items I can make on the run.  I get tired of always going through a drive-through.

If you haven't tried it, this is very good and only 4 minutes in the microwave!
So as you can see, I have a lot of things to be thankful for.  From serious stuff to goofy or simple stuff.  Now, what about you?  What are you thankful for today?



4 comments:

  1. How precious is that plaque!! So thoughtful in remembering him!!

    I love when you create those bible images.

    Thanks for linking up with me friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you could add pictures to the Youversion app. Cool! What a need way to remember your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty sunset and cute puppy! I like Jimmy Dean's breakfast bowls.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy