If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Hope

Today is Day 28 of the 31 Day Writing Challenge with a prompt from Five Minute Friday. The prompt for today is "Hope."

My hope is in Jesus Christ. There is no one else I can completely trust and rely on always and forever. Nothing has ever or will ever happen to me that doesn't pass through his hands first. That gives me great comfort.

This song explains how I feel.

"My Hope is Built on Nothing Less"
by Edward Mote, 1797-1874

1. My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

2. When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

3. His oath, His covenant, and blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When every earthly prop gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

4. When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found,
Clothed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne!
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.


4 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw the title of your post, before I'd read a word, I was singing that song in my mind. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Cathy, I love that song! It's a great anthem of the church.

    I especially like the line, I dare not trust the sweetest frame but wholly lean on Jesus name. A lot of things look trustworthy but only Christ is utterly dependable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy