If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Friday, October 23, 2015

Joy

Today is Day 23 of the 31 Day Writing Challenge with a prompt from Five Minute Friday. The prompt for today is "Joy."

Joy is the name of one of my favorite aunts. She is my mom's oldest sister. I remember going to her house when I was young because her daughter was the same age as me. I remember parties where she'd play the piano for us and we'd play musical chairs. She was an awesome piano player. She could play by music or by ear. She could accompany anyone who was singing. They could start a song and in just a few bars she'd be playing along as though she had heard it a hundred times. 

I remember going home with my cousin after church and Joy would always cook an awesome lunch and then my cousin and I would wash dishes afterward. I always accused her of dirtying every dish in the house and cleaning out the fridge whenever I came over. She is such a neat lady. 

Here's a couple pictures of my cousin and me when we were really little. 



Chubby Cheeks and Straight Hair.  I still look the same today!  lol


I also believe that joy is a choice. When things are hard, we can choose joy. Instead of complaining. We can decide to look for good things and be thankful which will help us find joy. Or we can choose to be angry and upset. I don't know about you, but I prefer to choose joy. 

4 comments:

  1. I, too, prefer joy. And need regular reminders that joy doesn't necessarily mean happiness ... joy is a deeper, more satisfying emotion. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are adorable and how awesome that the prompt was Joy and you could talk about your sweet aunt. Joy is a choice but I often have trouble finding it however I am always thankful for what God has given to me. Have a joyful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your post and your memories. Joy is the only way to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy