If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Ready

Today is Day 10 of the 31 Day Writing Challenge with a prompt from Five Minute Friday. The prompt for today is "Ready."

Ready or not, here I come.  How many times did we say that when we were kids playing hide and seek?  I loved that game and we played it quite often.

Ready to heat and serve.  My favorite way to cook. lol  I do not have a great fondness for cooking, so quick and easy is my favorite way.  Hubby however, is an excellent cook.  So he does the vast majority of our cooking and I do the clean-up.  Makes us both happy.

Ready to serve.  I think it is very important to always be ready to serve when there is a need.  I think I am most of the time, but I also think that sometimes I'm oblivious to the need.  My prayer is that the Lord will open my eyes to truly see other people so I can help them when they need it.

I think we need to always be ready to give a witness for the Lord.  In 2 Timothy 4:2 (ESV) the Word says, "preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching."


That is my goal, always be ready to speak the words the Lord wants me to say.


3 comments:

  1. I love your take on "ready".

    I'm with you on ready to heat and serve (or take out). I'm at best an average cook but I'm not really a fan of cooking. My hubby has a limited repertoire, so we can easily get into the carry out habit if we're not careful. :-o

    ReplyDelete
  2. We eat out more than we should, but cooking for two is a challenge I think. I enjoy cooking big holiday meals, and lots of people around the table, but small cooking challenges my creativity. Ready was a good word, and I enjoyed your take on it today. You're doing great with the challenge! It's been fun to read your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy