If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge


First of all today, I want to say thank you Joyce for doing the Hodgepodge for us every week.  I know I really appreciate it.

If you would like to participate, just click on the button to the left to go to Joyce's blog and get the questions and then answer them on your blog and link up with her afterward.  You'll like the crowd that gathers there.  We have so much fun every week.

So now on with the questions.



1. Can you believe it's the end of January? What was the best day of January 2017 for you, and why?
My favorite day of January was Sunday the 22nd because we babysat for Colton and so much fun.


2. What sounds make up the background noise in your life?
Southern Gospel Music.  I listen to it on Pandora all day at work.  Love it!

3. I read on the Power of Positivity website a list of ten things to drop from your life right now. They are-

anger outbursts, people who put you down, regret, negative self talk, being a people pleaser, the notion you need to be perfect, the past (but keep the lessons learned!), gossip and judgment, comparing yourself to others, and the word hate (focus on what you love instead)

Which thing on the list do you most need to drop? Are you trying or will you try?
Probably comparing myself to others. Yes I am trying.,

4. What is sacred to you?
The Word of God

5. January is National Oatmeal month. Are you a fan, and if so how do you like it?
Yes, I love oatmeal.  Favorite is maple flavored with a little milk.

6. What feelings does twilight stir up in you?
I'm not sure I've thought about this before.  However, I do love the sky at twilight.  Of course, as evidenced by my many pictures on this blog, I love the sky just about anytime.

7. Something you're looking forward to next month?
Our 28th Anniversary.  Hope we get to have some celebration.  Last year on our anniversary, I had my first chemo treatment.  Hoping this one will be a little more fun.

8. Insert your own random thought here.


Cathy

9 comments:

  1. Morning, Cathy! Your little grandson sure looks sweet! I know he's a bright spot in your day. How wonderful to be celebrating your 28th wedding anniversary! Hope it's one AMAZING day for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE that verse! And yep, days spent with precious grandkids are hard to beat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to check out that Southern Gospel music on Pandora. I love it.
    I can see how spending time with that sweet grandson would be the high point of your month. He's adorable, and growing so fast!
    I hope you and hubby can do a "double celebration" for your anniversary, this year. You two probably need it, after this past year.
    Take care,
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, that sweet baby. Those are the best days. I used to listen to Pandora at work. I do wish yiu a happy and joy filled anniversary celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope you have a fabulous anniversary celebration this year! I take a lot of sky shots too. Hubs has told me maybe too many, but is there such a thing? I don't think so : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to put a little organic 100% natural maple syrup on my oatmeal. Happy Anniversary and what a difference a year makes. So glad your doing so well. Love your random.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like oatmeal but can't stand the texture. Does that make sense? I'll go for grits or cream of wheat. With butter and cheese. :) I'm so glad you're doing well. Are you used to being back at work now?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops. You. My fingers are too fat for the phone keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Colton is adorable! Maple-flavored oatmeal has gotten a lot of votes on this week's Hodgepodge. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy