If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. Tell us about a time you felt like you were 'flying by the seat of your pants'.
Raising kids felt that way to me a lot of the time.

2. When or where would you most like to be 'a fly on the wall'?
I'm drawing a total blank on this question right now.

3. 'Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.'-Henry David Thoreau
Would you agree? Why or why not?
I would agree.  If we try too hard to find happiness, then we are so busy looking for it, we might forget to be content where we are.  I think we need to find happiness,  or maybe more correctly, joy in our present circumstances as much as possible; rather than always seeking for that castle in the sky.

4. Share a favorite movie, book, or song with flying in it's title, lyrics, or theme somewhere.
"Fly Me to the Moon" by Frank Sinatra and the southern gospel oldie "I'll Fly Away" are two that come quickly to mind.

5. What is one task or chore you tend to do 'on the fly'? Is this something that really needs to be done another way?
Laundry and no, I like the way I do it.  It works good for hubby and I.

6. What was happening the last time you thought to yourself or said aloud, 'Wow, time flies when you're having fun', and you meant it.
Watching how fast my grandson is growing up.  He's already 7 months old.  I can't believe it.

7. This Thursday is National Garlic Day. Will you add garlic to your menu on Thursday? Do you like garlic? What's your favorite dish made with garlic?
I probably will not add garlic to my menu.  I like garlic in small quantitiesMy favorite dish with garlic is probably lasagna or some other Italian dish.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm so excited because hubby and I are planning to take a drive to Chicago to see Kerri and Colton on Saturday.  I am so looking forward to it.  We've been video-chatting, but Colton doesn't seem to really react to that very much.  I can't wait to see him and make him laugh.


Look at that cute face.  Mommy sent this to me last night.

Not quite so happy here, but  still cute.(at least to this GiGi)




And speaking of babies, did you see April the Giraffe's new baby that was born on Saturday?


Photo from Internet
  Hope you've enjoyed my answers.  If you'd like to play along, click the Hodgepodge button at the top of the page.  Let me know if you do, and I'll come visit you.

Cathy

17 comments:

  1. Visiting from the HodgePodge - love your answers. Cute grandbaby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy... I'm with you about raising kids! Have a wonderful time in Chicago. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie. Yes, raising kids is not easy, but oh so worth it.

      Delete
  3. I did enjoy your answers! Your grandson is adorable and what beautiful curls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you see the pic of April giving her baby a kiss on the top of his head? SOOO cute! Have a wonderful trip and visit with your grandson!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyce. I didn't see that picture, but I bet it's adorable.

      Delete
  5. I hope you have a good and safe trip to see Colton. Isn't it a thrill! It's always worth the trip. :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. I'm so looking forward to it.

      Delete
  6. Hello! Our answers to a couple of questions are similar today. Great minds???
    Those grandchildren have a way of growing up too quickly. I hope you have a great visit, this weekend.
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, for sureKathy. Great minds. I can't believe he's 7 months already.

      Delete
  7. Fly Me To The Moon was the first song I thought of. I like to do laundry in one day. The day sometimes changes depending on what I have going on that week. Someone else said garlic in lasagna and my mom's recipe never had garlic in it. I will have to try that. I'm so glad your are heading to Chicago, enjoy! Get some pizza while you are there. Yes I loved seeing April's little one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't April's baby just the cutest! Lasagna is good with garlic, but I still don't want a lot of garlic.

      Delete
  8. I'll Fly Away is one of my favorites. I like it when a good, peppy group performs it.

    Look at the curls on your Colton! Our Colton still doesn't have much hair to speak of.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are two of my favorite songs as well but I really wanted to give my brother a laugh today so I went a different route. :) That grandson of yours is ADORABLE whether he's laughing or crying! I agree with your take on the Thoreau quote. Having a grandbaby makes finding that happiness/joy so much easier. :) Have a most wonderful visit with that sweet baby boy! Take loads of pictures to share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you about how raising children feels like you're flying by the seat of your pants. Your grandson is adorable! Hope you have a fun visit with him this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy