If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

My Weekend

Our weekend was just the way I love them.  Actually, the whole last week was just the way I like it.  I took the week off work and hubby and I did some day trips and I've decided I could really love retirement.  I didn't get bored one time!  I'll tell you about last week in a later post because I haven't downloaded the camera yet.  I don't really have pictures for the weekend either. but here goes:

The only thing that wasn't too great about the weekend is I had to attend the Memorial Service for my Aunt who passed away 2 weeks ago.  That was sad.  But she was a sweet person and was ready to meet Jesus, so I know she's happy to not be suffering any more from cancer.  Her husband, my dad's brother passed away one week later exactly.  So we still have another service coming, but they plan to wait awhile.  I can't imagine losing both my parents that quickly.  Although, my parents died only about 7 months apart.

I spent a lot of time reading and relaxing and playing on Instagram and FB and Words with Friends.  We went out for lunch on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.  We bought the flowers for the front of the house and have them out.  I also bought 1 tomato plant and it already had about 4-6 tomatoes on it.  That is the extent of my garden.  haha  We did some short trips and spent some time relaxing in some nice parks, reading and napping.  Church on Sunday was excellent.  Hubby taught us about the 5 events that will occur on the last day!  I kinda hope I'm still alive to see it all (but not too soon, I want to see my grandson grow up!)  Speaking of which, here is a picture from the other day.

Shopping with mommy  & gigi at ToysRUs
I'll tell you about that trip later.  I hope you had a great weekend and are having a nice Tuesday.

Cathy


5 comments:

  1. Sounds great! Glad you enjoyed. We worked on a project for most of ours. One break for a late afternoon movie out, and then church on Sunday. But it too was a good feeling. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh - it does sound like a wonderful weekend, but I know any weekend you get to see your little man, its going to be perfect ;)
    I think I could get used to retired life too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can't imagine losing both parents that close together, either. We had neighbors, a couple in their 90s, one was in a nursing home and the other went to the hospital. The wife died and the morning of the funeral the husband got up, went to breakfast and died sitting at the table. Everyone said she called him home one more time. The family just couldn't do another funeral so fast so just quietly buried him beside her a few days later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great week. Your grandson is a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always surprised when I hear about couples who die so close together. It is rather sweet. The couple I worked for at Hallmark died about 7 months apart. So sorry for you loss. Sounds like a nice weekend all in all. We have one tomato bush. Always enjoy seeing pictures of your grandson.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy