If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge





Wednesday Hodgepodge Fun.  Click the button to join in.


1. What pets did you have while growing up? Tell us a little something about them.
We always had a dog of one type or another.  I remember a boston terrier name Poochie, a dachshund named Katie, a Heinz 57 named Soot, a Shepherd name Fritz and then were several more.  Sometimes we had 2 or 3 at a time when we lived on the farm.  We also had cats at the farm.  I don't recall names.  We had a horse named Honeybunch who was so old and swayback and we had a pony named Comanche who was a little mean.  I rode Honeybunch, but never Comanche.  We also had bunnies (which dad never intended to be pets) and oh, I also had a guinea pig at one time too. 

2. What is one thing you absolutely must accomplish today?
I must remember to pick a friend up for Bible study tonight.  Typically she rides with someone else, but they can't come tonight.  I must not forget.

3. Where were you ten years ago? What were you doing there?
Ten years ago, I lived in the same house, worked the same job and went to the same church.  So I guess pretty much the same as now.  Except now, the girls are moved out and it's just hubby and me.

4. September 26th is National Dumpling Day. Did you celebrate? Apple dumpling, xiao long bao (steamed Chinese dumpling), chicken and dumplings, pirogi, matzoh balls, or gnocchi...which dumpling on this list would be your dumpling of choice? Have you ever made homemade dumplings of any kind?
N0pe, no celebration.  However, I do love apple dumplings and my favorite is chicken and dumplings.  I have helped my sister make chicken and dumplings before.

5. 'There are two kinds of adventurers: those who go truly hoping to find an adventure and those who go secretly hoping they don't.' William Trogdon

So which kind are you?
I'm not much of an adventurer.  So I'd probably be hoping there wasn't one.  I love to experience new things, but not great big adventures any more.

6. Insert your own random thought here.
Fun Skyping Saturday with Kerri and Colton while they were traveling. He was acting a little shy that day.



Hope you are having a great week.

Cathy

9 comments:

  1. Cute photos. He does look a little shy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetie and he just keeps getting cuter and cuter! We had several dogs throughout the years. At one point we had two dachshunds, Duke and Duchess. Trying to remember to do something that isn't routine is fun these days, isn't it? LOL Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family had a Heinz 57 named Poochie when I was in elementary school :) Cute photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't skyping great? I try to do it at least once a week with my girls. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you grew up with a lot of pets! That's great. Mine were few and far in between.
    I know you must really enjoy visiting with your little one through skype. I've never tried it, since my grands all live close-by, for now. I'm hoping I'll never have the need for it, but with a son aspiring to be a pastor, that's not likely. Don't forget your passenger tonight :)
    Have a great day,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always have a fear I'll forget stuff like that to pick up someone. Or leave without remembering to take them home. I'd set an alarm on my phone ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. We never had a lot of pets, but hubs family did. You grew up with quite a few, but if you had a farm there was room for them to roam. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how many animals were part of your family growing up, and they sound like a really interesting mix. Before I was born my family had dogs and horses but these were no longer around when I was old enough to remember.
    Hope you remembered to pick up your friend, and have a good rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I certainly couldn't remember that names of our pets! So glad you got to Skype with your daughter and Colton.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy