If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge




It's time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge.  In fact, I'm running rather late.  Just click the button above if you'd like to participate.

1. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your sense of direction? 1=can't find my way out of a paper bag and 10=if I've been somewhere once I can find it blindfolded ten years later.
I'm probably around a 3 or 4.  Good thing I can read a map or following GPS and I totally love the app called Waze.

When was the last time you looked at/used a map you could hold in your hand? (phones don't count!) 
We keep an Atlas in our vehicle at all times, but I must admit it's been awhile since I've used it.

back east, down south, out west, up north

Choose one of these directional expressions and tell us why you chose it.
Down south and maybe a little back east because in a little less than 3 weeks hubby and I will be in Myrtle Beach!!

2. Did you do more talking or listening yesterday? Is that typical? Describe your yesterday in one word.
Talking probably.  Yes, it's probably typical as I didn't have the nickname Chatty Cathy for nothing.  However, I really do try to listen well to others.  I'm so much more conscious of that than my younger self ever was.  Yesterday was "busy."

3. Time, money, water-power-resources, opportunity...which one on the list are you most guilty of wasting? What might you do to change that?
Time.  Stay off social media, but I don't see that happening anytime to soon.  lol

4. Did  your family take regular vacations when you were a kid? Tell us something you remember about a family roadtrip from your own childhood.
We took vacations about once a year.  Usually around the Christmas holidays and we would go to Florida to visit with my dad's family.  I'm not sure whatever made them do it, but packing 5 kids and 2 adults in a station wagon and driving for 2 days!  I'm not sure I'd call that vacation. haha  But we always had fun and hopefully didn't drive mom and dad too crazy.

5. If you could grow anything you wanted, what would you grow? Why?
I really don't have much desire to grow anything.  Maybe pineapples because I really love fresh pineapple.  Plus it has bromalain in it which is supposed to be really good for joint inflammation and pain.  I just learned about this last week, so I'm trying to eat fresh pineapple more often because the medication they have me on, one of it's side affects is joint pain.  Hoping it will help.

6. Insert your own random thought here.
I can't wait to be here in a few weeks.
Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment (if you want).  If you want to play along, click the button, get the questions and answer on your blog and then link up with Joyce.

Cathy

7 comments:

  1. This was fun to read! Yes, I would like to grow fresh pineapple also. We love it and also eat it for its help with inflammation. Also, nothing to do with pineapple but just as an FYI (because I am not sure how you eat), I found my joint pain disappeared after I had been eating gluten free for several months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you must be really looking forward to Myrtle Beach! I haven't been to the beach since July, and I'm missing it.
    Chatty Cathy, huh? I collect "Chatty Cathy" dolls. Now I'll always think of you whenever I dust them :)
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband uses Waze everyday and swears by it. It helps navigate the quickest routes as he travels quite a bit on the freeways everyday. That is a very good tip on the pineapple for inflammation. I wonder if there is a supplement for it? I am going to take a look here on online. Enjoyed your hodgepodge! Have a good rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard the same thing about pineapples so I got some of the bromelain capsules. They didn't seem to work but then I'm asking quite a lot of it so... I'll just keep eating the fresh pineapple. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pineapples! I wonder how easy they are to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I've never been to Myrtle Beach, but I've sure heard a lot about it and would like to go there some day! Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely have to try eating more pineapple, thanks for the tip. I do love it! Enjoy your vacation....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy