If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

One Sentence a Day - February 2020



My February one sentence at a time.

1.  My husband’s father was buried today and so many friends and family came and I learned what a kind man people thought he was as so many talked about him coming to them after church service and spending time talking to them and making them feel welcome when no one else did.




2.  Had to take Kerri and Colton back to the airport at 5:00 am and I already miss them.



3. Went for a sleep study and should get the results in the next week or so.

4.  After the sleep study last night I was so tired I slept half the evening.

5.  Still trying to catch up on the missed sleep from the weekend and the sleep study.

6.  Came home after work, made some supper, did some laundry and binge watched Virgin River. Thanks Stacy for mentioning this on your blog. We’re really enjoying it.

7.  A typical day at work and then we had a quiet evening at home.

8.  We had a fun start to our day by watching Toy Story 4 in the morning before starting our busy day.

9.  Went to lunch with hubby’s mom and brother and his family after church which was so nice that she is so willing to keep moving on with life. Strong woman.

10. Hubby cooked dinner and I made boiled eggs to help with lunches this week and did two loads of laundry and was then whipped and ready for bed.

11. We made chicken  and noodles in our Instant Pot and it was a great success!

12. On the way to church we had a Starbucks drink and some sliders from White Castle which was an odd combination but it was good.

13.  Ran to the grocery after work and then came home and made hamburgers and baked some fries for dinner.

14.  Picked up Tracy’s mom after work and then went out for dinner and to listen to friends playing and singing country music for a really nice Valentines Evening.


15.  Tracy and I met my sister and her husband for lunch at Cheddars and then later my sister and I went and visited with our younger sister then we ran to Kohl's and I bought a new Keurig for us which started out at $149 and with the sale and discounts and Kohl's cash, etc I got it for $89.

16.  Church morning and evening with a wonderful nap in the afternoon.

17.  Hubby and I celebrated our 31st Anniversary (which is actually tomorrow) by going to lunch at Red Lobster and then mostly relaxing at home together since we neither one had to work because of the holiday.

18.  31 Years married to the one person in this world I absolutely could not imagine going through this life without.

19. We had such beautiful blue skies on Wednesday.

20.  Normal work day and then home for the evening.

21.  Dinner with hubby's mom and so much fun conversation.

22.  Saw the movie "Call of the Wild" with my sister and her husband and and it was very good.

23.  Church and lunch out with family and then a nap and back to church and then made ourselves a home made pizza.

24.  Had to take our younger sister to the ER as she had fallen on Saturday night and hurt her knew...thankfully just a strain.

25.  Caught up on some shows we were behind on and worked on a loom knit hat tonight for a little boy of a co-worker and hoping it turns out well.

26.  Talked to my sister and she says her knee still hurts, but is better.

27.  Shipped my 31 year old veil to my daughter as she's hoping to use it for her wedding next year...maybe with some revisions..excited to see what she does.

28.  My sister helped me with some financial issues (paperwork) for our younger sister...thank goodness for the help as this stuff has a tendency to overwhelm me sometimes.

29.  Leap Day .. enjoyed lunch out with hubby and running some errands and then visited with my sisters and had an early evening at home.

So there's my February in a nutshell.

Cathy

12 comments:

  1. Love you joined in!!!!
    Your poor sister - knee pain is a booger!!!!
    I still have Virgin River in my list & got to get around to that one.
    ahhh - anniversary month
    So do you like your instant pot? I'm debating hard about getting one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love the Instant Pot. Making those chicken and noodles takes maybe an hour or just a bit more from beginning to end.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about the loss of your father-in-law. We found that first year was hardest for my mother-in-law and we began including in her in almost everything we were doing; especially our family vacations. Happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are trying to do the same thing. The 4 of us have vacationed a lot of times together and even with the kids we did. So we're hoping she will continue to do that with us.

      Delete
  3. Happy anniversary, Cathy! Your father-in-law was such a nice-looking gentleman; I can understand how your MIL misses him terribly, but it's great how she's chosen to go on. That InstantPot chicken sure looks yummy. I need to get over my fear and start using ours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're very, very careful with the InstantPot because I still have some fear of getting burned or something even worse happening. lol

      Delete
  4. I saw the recommendation for Virgin River on someone's blog and had trouble keeping to watching just one episode a day! They then mentioned another programme in a similar vein, Chesapeake Shores - that's good easy watching too!
    Sorry for the loss of your father in law - I am sure that your mother in law is grateful to all the support the family are showing her, she must feel very lonely. Something like that makes you appreciate your own family even more doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'll have to check out Chesapeake Shores. Haven't heard of that one.

      You are so right it does make me appreciate them more and I think it's helped them to appreciate us more too.

      Delete
  5. Happy Belated Anniversary! Also, yay for blue skies -- we've had grey ones here for awhile and I am excited for sunshine and clear skies again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to meet you through our Sentence a Day link-up. Hope your mother-in-law continues to be strong and embrace life without her husband by her side. I know that must be difficult.

    Have you gotten your sleep study results? Being without sleep or not enough sleep makes me crazier than ever. About one night a week I worry myself into a sleepless tizzy. The following day I am in a trance.

    Hope you will share what your daughter does with your veil. What a nice 'something old and borrowed turned into something new.'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely need a c-pap. Hoping it won't take to long to get and hoping it will make a difference.

    I'm excited to see what she does with the veil too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy