If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, May 11, 2020

My Weekend

Totally enjoyed this weekend, although I wouldn't have minded if it was a little warmer.  But at least part of the time we had blue skies and sunshine.  Thank you God!  Hope you all had a really great Mother's Day!

After work we drove up to a nearby town and picked up some City Barbecue for dinner and it was delicious.  On the way up, I noticed the sky.  To the north of us the skies were blue with big white clouds, but just to the east of us they were dark and foreboding.



Started this puzzle Friday evening

Saturday afternoon we were out for a drive and were going to pick up some lunch.  We passed this apple orchard and I just thought this picture was so pretty.  I love blue skies with big white clouds.

I went to my sister's after lunch and we took a walk together and then sat out on her front porch and just talked for a bit.  I rather miss being with my family and this was really nice.  It was a little cool, but still so nice to be together.

This is one of the flowers at my sister's house.  Isn't it beautiful!

After I went home, I took the dog out for a walk and video chatted with Kerri.  Colton was having a problem with one of his toys, so he brought it over for her to fix it.  She's such a good mommy and mostly so patient with him.  I'd love this picture better without me up in the corner, but I love how intent they were on fixing his toy.



 

After Tracy finished his FB Live sermon, we stopped at one of our local nurseries.  I bought the basket on the right for his mom for Mother's Day and I think I'm going to go back and by 3 of the one on the left for my front porch.  

We headed over to his mom's and sat and talked with her for awhile.  It was so nice to see her face to face.  We've been over once or twice to drop stuff off, but never went in.  It was just so good to sit and talk to her and just be "normal" for a change. Mind you, we did keep our distance (basically sitting in different corners of the room) and no hugs or anything.

While we were there, Kelli face-timed me so she got 2 for the price of one.  Her grandma and I both got to talk to her.  So much fun  Then I called Kerri and she got to "see" her grandma.  Colton was outside playing, but he came over for a minute and said hi!  He was too busy playing with his friend to be bothered to talk to his great grandma for very long.  But a little is better than nothing.  lol

So that's pretty much my weekend.  How was yours?

Cathy


10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post, my friend!!! Many many smiles. It was a nice weekend here. My young friend who I had mentored while at the Univ.stopped by and we did not obey the 6 ft. rule--sorry we forgot. We promptly hugged each other; we have missed each other. We talk everyday, but you know, there is just something about seeing one another and getting hugged. smiles

    Have a beautiful day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know what you mean. Glad you got to have a wonderful visit.

      Delete
  2. How nice that you are starting to see people in person! I took my mom's gift to her yesterday, but I stood on the porch and she stood inside the door. We both wore masks. I don't know if she will relax or not when the stay-at-home order gets lifted on Friday. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think each one of us will have to navigate these roads in the way we best see fit.

      Delete
  3. Glad you got to see all your loved ones with technology.
    Those blue skies are beautiful with big fluffy clouds.
    I need to go out & get some flowers for my front yard & even our little club house ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flowers -- both at your sisters and those hanging baskets. Heck, they don't know there's a pandemic raging -- they just keep lifting their faces to the sun. That jigsaw puzzle looks like the sort of garage/workshop I'd love to wander inside and inhale the aroma of wood shavings. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the do...they know God takes care of them. Can't wait until we purchase our flowers to have at home.

      Delete
  5. Lovely post. I love the clouds, and that puzzle does look intriguing. Like Mevely said above, "Id love to wander inside and inhale the aroma of wood shavings." Yes, That's how I feel about a workshop. My Dad always had one, and it was so interesting. Now my son has one and I love to go there and see what he is doing. Love the flowers baskets, and yes, you should get some for you. So glad you were able to visit with your sister and your mother in person. I think we are all in need of good visits (&hugs, but being careful about that yet). Glad you could facetime with your sweet little guy. What a joy to have that. I wish we'd had that when our grandson was little. Now he is 20 and we don't get much communication at all. I miss it a lot. Have a blessed and wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you guys are right...that workshop would be fun to walk through. My dad did a lot of work with wood too. In fact my nicest furniture pieces were made by my dad and I so love having them.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy