If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Thankful Thursday

Click above to link up for Thankful Thursday

Today, I am thankful for seeing this rainbow on the way into work this morning.  Hubby says it's rare for us to see a rainbow in the western sky here, but that is just where it was.  Thank you Lord for your promise that you remind us of in your rainbow.  Prior to seeing this rainbow, I was just listening to the old song, How Great Thou Art and remarking to hubby how it's so unbelievable that God gave His Son for us.  

And when I think of God, His Son not sparing
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing
He bled and died to take away my sin

This verse is what made me think about it.  I was almost in tears, which is pretty rare for me.  And I asked God to keep me tender towards Him and towards others.

And then I was looking out my window and saw the rainbow.  I just feel thinking back on it that God put it there just for me for thinking about Him and His Son this morning.  





Cathy

18 comments:

  1. How special is that!!!
    That hymn is still one of my favorites.
    love you had a little visit with God this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful is that, smiles. Have a lovely day friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you have a great day too.

      Delete
  3. Nice! What a great start to a cloudy, wet day. No rainbows here, but I did see the most beautiful play of pink and red on the clouds at sunrise. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and your morning skies sound beautiful!

      Delete
  4. Rainbows are special reminders of God's promises kept. I always feel lucky when I see one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to see a rainbow. They are just so beautiful!

      Delete
  5. How nice that you got to see a rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really looked a lot better in person than in my pictures.

      Delete
  6. While not in so many words, I believe God is always speaking to us. Whether it be beautiful rainbows, sunsets or an unexpected, unlikely bloom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. I just need to "listen" a little better.

      Delete
  7. We saw a beautiful rainbow the other night. People were stopping and taking photos it was so gorgeous! I love that hymn. I feel the same way when I look out my window and see a bird that looks to have come just to say hello to me. It reminds me that "His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me" :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a rainbow! I always think of my mom when I see one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the rainbow! Don't they always just make you say "Thank you, Jesus?" And that verse of How Great Thou Art is my favorite verse. Sometimes when the song leader wants to shorten a song and not sing all the verses I get very frustrated if they leave that one out, because it is the best one of all. And yes, it always makes me want to cry. "Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee...How great Thou art!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't believe that God was willing to send His Son for me! I mean I do believe it but I certainly don't deserve! I'm just so glad He was willing to be that sacrifice.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy