If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Tuesday 4 - Marriage - Anniversary

 

Click (here) to link up with Tuesday 4.


                    Marriage...

1. How did you meet your husband/wife?  My husband and I met at church.  Hubby was the Minister of Music at a church that I started going to with my sister.  We wanted a change from the church we had grown up in and started there together.  We joined the choir and, of course, he was the director.  I was in the choir for a year before he ever actually talked to me.  But once we did start talking, we had a date within a couple weeks and then we started seeing each other almost every day.  And then we married a little over a year later.


2. How did you know he/she was “the one”?  I remember talking to my older sister and asking how you know if it's love and she said, "Cathy it's not like in the romance books.  When you care more about what he wants than what you want then you know.  From that point on I knew he was the one and here we are almost 32 years later and I still know without any doubt!


3. How did he propose? He really didn't.  We started talking about getting married and what we wanted and then we actually picked out a ring, but he wouldn't let me have it until a day he had planned.  We were going to a friends wedding (I was singing) and we stopped at a restaurant for some lunch and he gave me the ring then.  It was perfect to me.  I just wanted to marry the man.  I didn't care about a big production.


4. Do you have any favorite stories from your marriage or about your husband/wife?  I remember after the wedding we left and changed clothes and then we came back to the church because hubby had left his shoes in his office (remember he was on staff there).  When he went inside and left me in the car alone I had a sudden panic attack.  I remember thinking, "What in the world have I done.  I have to live with this man for the rest of my life."  It was like the first time I had any doubts.  I prayed and then calmed down and to this day, I have never regretted that decision.  


Cathy

P.S.:  After reading Rebecca Jo's post (click here) I was reminded that as of September 13th, I have been doing this blog for 12 years.  Happy Blogging Anniversary to me.

17 comments:

  1. It's funny how many of us never had an actual proposal. I sure didn't care about the big production either. Happy blog anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. So fun.
    I think everyone has that "WHAT HAVE I DONE" moment because its LIFE CHANGING. So many life changing moments happen that we dont make the choice - life does it for us - so when its on our shoulders, its like WHOOOOO...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you could see my smile...I have really enjoyed reading everyone's answers today. Hope your having a great day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I've been smiling too. These were really great questions.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed your story Cathy! I remember waking up that first morning and thinking wow, I married that guy! Not a bad thought, just realized I was a married woman at the age of 18! I turned 19 two days later. Congrats on 12 years here. I have been blogging for over 18 years. I stopped blogging at my website and moved here to Blogger about a year. I still have my website and I do visit it to get information for the questions here. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely story and I really liked reading it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been blogging since 2007 but Blogger is my third venue for blogging. It has been fun reading about meetings and weddings today! Glad your hubby finally asked you out!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet story! It's been so fun hearing how everyone met their husbands. Your story of how your hubby proposed sounds pretty much like ours. It's interesting to see how many of us didn't have the "big down on one knee" moment. Among my friends, I was the oddball that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. funny about the little panic... I had one of those, then got a grip by saying "forever" wasn't that long since I was in my 30's! lol
    I enjoyed reading your answers, this has been fun to write and read!
    LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a panic moment after I got married too. That must be normal. It was same as you. It passed. Your stories were great. Loved your answers. Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love hearing how you and your hubby met! Reminds me, when (almost) all the girls in high school crushed on the new music director. Later I heard how he married a cheerleader, two grades behind me. (*sigh*) Happy Blogaversary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun story! Love that it had a wonderful happily ever after!! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved reading this! You should put that story in a scrapbook or journal, too! Happy blogiversary! (That may not be a word, but I'm going with it.)
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cathy,

    Thanks for stopping by yesterday. It was nice reading your responses to this week's questions. I remember the day of my wedding my girlfriends kept saying, "It's not too late to back out!". That's something that never crossed my mind then or ever. I knew DH was the one for me. God brought us together and it was up to us to sail through life's storms or slide across blue skies. Whatever we face, we do it as one! We celebrated 41 years of marriage this past June and we dated for almost 3, so I think this is going to be one of those relationship til death doth part. ;) Have a wonderful day! ~Cathy

    PS: I responded to your comment on my blog but I wanted to make sure you know that your Gravatar profile does not have your blog URL linked to it. If someone wants to click your profile to visit you, then they can't. Many bloggers forget to add their URL, so I wanted to bring it to your attention and on the off chance this was no accident then you might want to include a direct link to your blog in the person's comments. Thankfully, I knew how to find you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You meeting your husband is a sweet story. I love your answer for #4... and they lived happily every after.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy