If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, October 26, 2020

My Weekend - Scooby Fun

 Hubby and I had a quiet weekend, just the way we like it.  Saturday we picked up a sandwich for lunch and ate it in the van and then picked up our order at Walmart.  We stopped at my sisters and picked up a box of items she needed taken to our other sister.  Then we went over and dropped off the box and some stuff we got for her.

After that, we went home and relaxed and then watched the first Hallmark Christmas Premiere movie.  Well, actually, hubby watched it and I fell asleep.  lol

Sunday we went to Sunday School and Church and then picked up lunch at Cracker Barrel and spent the afternoon resting.  I'm feeling better than last week, but still not totally 100%, so the rest was really good for me.  We went back to evening church and then drove over to my brother's church as they were having a trunk or treat.  He told me he made the "Mystery Machine" from Scooby Doo and I just had to see it.  My brother is absolutely amazing at doing stuff life this.  Of course, my brother dressed in a Scooby costume and his wife was Velma, his daughter-in-law was Daphne, a friend was Shaggy and my nephew was Fred (his dog was Scrappy).  It was just all so cute.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of all of them.  It was getting late and they were tired I'm sure.  So just visited for a few minutes and then headed out.




After that we went home and I actually watched the new Hallmark movie, Chateau Christmas and it was really good.  I also finished this hat while watching.  Now to decide if I want to add pompoms to these hats I'm making.  

That was my weekend and now just one more week to work until vacation.  Hope you had a good weekend too.

Cathy

15 comments:

  1. That van is AMAZINGGGGGG - so fun!
    Hope you're 100% soon!!!
    BRING ON THE HALLMARK MOVIES... I've even tried to tell Ricky to put up our christmas tree this week. Why not.. nothing else to do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother is pretty amazing when it comes to stuff like that. He did the Flintstones vehicle last year.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a perfect weekend and glad you got some rest. I love the Mystery Machine. He did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Nothing" weekends are my favorite! :) LOVE your brother's creativity. I wonder if the local news shouldn't/wouldn't cover it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have been cool. Don't know if they did or not.

      Delete
  4. Wow, look at that Mystery Machine! How cool is that? Amazing what people can do with a little bit of creativity! (a lot of it actually). Love your pretty white hat. Wish it got cold enough here to wear it! I love it. Glad you are feeling better and got some good rest. That is the best thing you can do to get well. Take care and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made so many hats over the year and love to give them to people. I just with I looked good in a hat. lol

      Delete
  5. I just signed up for Frndly TV so I can stream the Hallmark Channels. I'm watching my first Christmas movie tonight, but it's an old one. Zoinks! Your brother did an amazing job on The Mystery Machine! I'd have loved to see them all in their outfits, I bet they were great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, they really did look good. He and his family are so talented. Last year they were the Flintstones and he made their car.

      I'm loving the Hallmark movies again this year.

      Delete
  6. Trunk or Treats are always fun! That hat is beautiful! Let us know if you decide on the pom-pom!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I will be some kind of a pompom on it.

      Delete
  7. That Mystery Machie is great and I like that hat. I like to wear them but we do not get that cold here is So. California. I have been watching Hallmar too and enjoyed them. Our church is not doing Trunk N Treat this year. They are doing a scavenger hunt this year. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet a scavenger hunt would be lots of fun.

      Delete
  8. Glad you're feeling better. Sounds like a good weekend. I have been setting my DVR to tape the movies on Hallmark, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries and on Lifetime. Thankfully Hallmark has finally done their movie and 8pm and M&M at 10pm. They use to overlap them so you really couldn't watch them if you didn't have a DVR.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy