If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Thankful Thursday

 

Click here to link up.
Today I am thankful for

**Thirty-two years ago today, Tracy and I were married. I can hardly believe that it’s been that long. He is my soul mate and my best friend. He is the love of my life and the head of our home. He is my encourager and my biggest fan. I can’t imagine traveling this journey without him. He is a wonderful father and grandpa. He is also my pastor. He follows after Jesus and helps me as I follow Jesus too.  I am so thankful for these years and hope and pray we will have many more. 

**Five years ago today I had my first chemo treatment for Stage 3 breast cancer. I underwent about 5-6 months of chemo and then had a lumpectomy and found that that was not enough and about 3 weeks later I had a complete mastectomy with the removal of many lymph nodes. After healing from that I then underwent about 30 radiation treatments. At that point (early December 2016) they felt they had removed all the cancer. So for the past 5 years now I go twice annually to see my oncologist and I see the surgeon once a year when I have my mammogram. As far as we know I am still cancer free and doing well. God was so good to me through all that year and gave me a peace that I will never understand. I can’t even imagine how I would have made it through without Him. 

So you can see I have lots to be thankful for today.  I am so very blessed.

Cathy


6 comments:

  1. Wow Cathy, you certainly have a lot to be thankful for! Happy Anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! This is a big day for you and those are definitely some things worthy of major praise and thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Wonderful blessings to be thankful for most definitely! May God bless you with many more happy and healthy years together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy