If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Tuesday 4

 

Pondering Odds & Ends


Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 kept up in her memory.
We offer 4 questions for you to ponder and consider each week.   Hopefully they make you stop and think and even get to know yourself and other Bloggers a bit better.
 Here we go discussing some personal thoughts this week....

1. Do you have a favorite gem stone? Why is it a favorite.  I love a blue sapphire and because I was born in August I love the peridot also.
2. Do you know and  understand the doctrines of your religious faith?  
    If you are not religious, do you have a personal doctrine you believe and live?     
I'm a born again Christian saved by the blood of Jesus Christ.  He loved me long before I even knew Him, so He died for me and rose again and is ever interceding on my behalf to God the Father.  Do I understand all of it?  No absolutely not, but that's why I study and pray and attend church and Bible studies, so I can learn more and become more like Christ.  I can't imagine going through this life with all it's problems without having Jesus to run to and talk to and be comforted by.  The older I get, the more I understand that there is nothing I can do to make Him love me more.  He loves me just as I am, even when I make a mess of everything, even when I get hateful sometimes, even when I just feel like I don't care anymore about people or their problems.  He gently leads me back and continues to love me and show me how to love Him and others.  I think that's my greatest desire...to know and love Him more and more.
3. Do you have a favorite décor style... as in classical, traditional, modern, mid century, colonial, etc? What do you like about it? I think I've said it here before.  My style is early American Garage Sale.  I'm very eclectic and I like what I like and just go for it.  A lot of what we have is furniture that was given to us or my dad made for us and then I have paintings, ceramics and quilts made by loved ones.  I just love it all!  I am starting to go through and get rid of some of the clutter and downsize stuff.  It's just getting too hard to keep it all dusted and clean and organized,  I think I just need less to take care of.
    
4. Are  there any books or movies you want to see this summer? Nothing in particular at the moment.  I'm completing a series right now by Jody Hedlund called the Orphan Train Series.  I'm not sure what's coming next and as for movies, I can't think of any at the moment.
Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.

Cathy

10 comments:

  1. No doubt you know the doctrine of your church. I'm eclectic too. I love my newer furniture and my antique furniture that belonged to family members. It will be hard to move because I wouldn't have room for all of them. There are movies I would love to see but not ready to go back into a movie theater. Hope your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, I enjoyed your post and agree. As I have aged, I have also gotten a stronger sense of awe on what Jesus did for us. Your style is like mine. I use to have to have everything picture perfect. Even choosing furniture that I did not like because it was perfect for the formal living room. The more I accepted the person that the Lord made in me, the more I could let go perfectionism and embrace the real me! My sisters call me the hippie of our group and I am okay with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy! I'm really enjoying everyone's responses to #2; and yours is no exception. Your 'early American garage sale' made me laugh out loud. Real stuff for Real People!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this post so much, and yes, we agree in our faith. It's hard to put it all in one paragraph or two, isn't it, when it is the foundation of our very life! And I love your furnishing style! "American Garage Sale" would be a great style, I think!! You can find the best bargains at garage and estate sales. Like you, I'd like to declutter and do some downsizing, but I don't even know where to begin. Dusting is a major issue for me, and vacuuming...can't move the furniture around to vacuum under it very well (tables, chairs, etc.) and I hate to spend all my time cleaning. (don't worry, I don't even try! LOL). Thank you for your comment on my post, and also for participating! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Early American Garage Sale...YES!!! That is totally my style, too. lol You did a wonderful job of expressing your faith and telling what it means to you. Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha, early american garage sale. That had be giggling quite a lot! Thank you for sharing your beliefs with us too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your answers. I loved and laughed out loud at ;early American garage style'. That was so funny. I totally agree with the need to downsize. I have too much and have been decluttering for awhile now. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. early American garage sale - LOL - I LOVE THAT SO MUCh!!!
    My BFF Steph that passed away - she LOVED garage sales & found the coolest things - that makes me think of her home

    ReplyDelete
  9. Early American Garage Sale, I LOVE it! I use to be a big shopped at thrift stores always. I have lots of cool things from there. I always think when the older generation goes, the young ones dump it in the thrift stores. I do downsize but when some of the kids left home they left stuff behind. I will be have my own Garage Sale. It was fun being here. THANK YOU for sharing. Have a lovely restof the week and great weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your design style!!:) And I enjoyed your testimony there in question two. I am a born-again Christian as well....and is it even possible to understand all that His grace, mercy and goodness is to us? But I am so grateful for all of them and for His free gift of salvation!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy