This Night Won't Last Forever Welcome to Saturday: 9.
Saturday 9: This Night Won't Last Forever (1979) Unfamiliar with this week's tune. Hear it here.
1) This song begins with, "Everybody likes a celebration." Do you have any birthdays or anniversaries coming up on your calendar? My oldest brother's birthday is next week. But he passed away in 2014 and his celebration will be in Heaven. He would have been 72 this year. I miss you Larry but I know you are in a better place and I'll see you when it's my turn.
2) The lyrics tell us Michael Johnson is stuck at a party while his heart is breaking. He finds it awkward and painful to pretend there's nothing wrong. Are adept at "putting a good face on it?" Or is it easy for others to tell how you're feeling? Sometimes I'm good at hiding my feelings, but not most of the time. Or maybe it's just depending on who I'm with whether they show our not.
3) Michael feels like this is going to be a long night. Is there a part of your day when time tends to drag? Or when it flies? When I was working, time really dragged there, but now it all moves pretty smoothly and even fast if you consider I'm already in my 9th month of retirement.
4) As bad as he feels right now, he's still hopeful about tomorrow. What are you looking forward to for Sunday? Church services for sure, but especially tomorrow night when we have our monthly Hymn Sing service. I love these nights.
5) When he was 13, Michael taught himself to play the guitar. He went on to take formal lessons and mastered classical guitar. What's something you would like learn more about/do better? I want to learn to play the ukulele and/or a dulcimer. I'm not sure why, but it's been a dream for quite a while.
6) For a time he performed with a trio known as Denver, Boise & Johnson. The Denver was John. Do you have a favorite John Denver song? Uh! All of them!!!
7) He retired to Minneapolis to be near his adult daughter. But he never stopped performing entirely. For years he delighted loyal local fans with with an annual holiday concert on December 26 at Orchestra Hall. Is there a performer you've seen in concert more than once? Multiple Southern Gospel Artists. Mom and Dad used to take us as kids sometimes and I also went to a couple of the Annual Gospel Quartet Conventions in Nashville with my Aunt and Uncle.
8) In 1979, when this song was popular, the cable channel ESPN launched. What's the last sporting event that you watched? I'm not too much into watching sports, but I enjoy watching some of the Olympic Sports Events such as gymnastics and ice skating.
9) Random question: Do you play Wordle? Yes.
Thanks for visiting.