If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Something Fun

My husband found this and used it in a sermon in 2008. I loved it so much then and posted it. I decided I wanted to share it with you again (in 2012). ( in 2021) and again today.. Hope it makes you laugh like it does me. 


Ever wonder what it would’ve been like if the wise men had been women? When they arrived at the manger, you can bet they would have:

1. asked for directions;
2. arrived on time;
3. helped deliver the baby;
4. cleaned the stable;
5. brought practical gifts; and
6. made a casserole!

And a couple of our ladies at church added another one.

7. They would have made reservations ahead of time!

Below are three more pictures of nativities we have.
We've displayed this one for years.  I don't even remember where I got it.  It's on the top of my piano and that candy cane was painted by my grandson last year and gifted to us.

I love this lighted one.  I bought it a couple years ago at
 the Christmas Mouse Shop in Myrtle Beach/

This one was painted by my mom (actually mom, grandma and my older sister painted
sets of this and I believe this is a compilation of them and the manger was made by my dad) and was there through many years of growing up.  I ended up with it a couple of years ago and really treasure it.

Thanks for visiting.
Cathy 

7 comments:

  1. Yep, the Wise Women got that right! These nativities are precious; I can see where the history behind #3 makes it a favorite. I love the lit one -- is that a snow globe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute and yes we would have done that! Your nativities are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wise men thing is so funny. I have heard it before and not just at Christmas! So true though!! I love all of your Nativities!! A wonderful collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that Wise Men/women thing! That is good!!! And you have some really lovely Nativities. I love that the last one came from your home/parents. That makes it extra special. And the candy cane painting by your grandson is a keeper. merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy