If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, August 3, 2023

Currently

Today it's time for the August Currently Post.   You can link up with Jennifer here, as she is the hostess.  In August, we are talking about what we're currently loving, looking forward to, starting, thinking, and wearing. 

Currently I am:

Loving: Being home from Texas.  I loved the trip and being with both my girls and their husbands and grandson and all the wonderful new memories we made together.  But I'm really glad to be back home.  

My sleeping grandson.  He plays hard and sleeps hard.

Kelli, Kerri and Rafael


These 2 took great care of me.

Mommy trying to get Colton to dance with her.

Beautiful venue for sure!

Looking forward to:   Our annual trip to Myrtle Beach in November.

Here we are last November
 in Myrtle Beach
  
Starting:  First, I'm trying to finish the baby blanket I'm making.  I have about 10 rows left and then an edging around the whole thing.  Then I'll be starting a new one for my friend's great-grandson due in September.  

Thinking: Trying to figure out which Bible Study our ladies' group is going to do this fall.  One called "When You Pray" by Kelly Minter, Jackie Hill Perry, Jen Wilkin, Jennifer Rothschild, Jada Edwards and Kristi McClelland or Lisa Harper's "Luke Gut Level Compassion."  Have you done one of these and if so, what did you think about it.

Wearing: I seldom take photos of what I'm wearing, but here is one of the outfits I wore in Texas.

Kerri, me and Kelli,  Two of my favorite people.



That's it for today.  Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.

Cathy


20 comments:

  1. So happy that you got to spend time with the girls, their husbands and Colton. The pictures are lovely. I do understand how it feels good to get home. Yes, your trip to Myrtle Beach is definitely something to look forward to. I love the outfit you are wearing with the girls. Way to go on making baby blankets. Hope you figure out your Bible study too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely wedding venue! That's such a cute photo of Colton dancing with mom. No, I'm not familiar with either of those studies. Our new Bible study begins next week -- "Chasing Vines" by Beth Moore. I've not done any by her before, but have heard good things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done a lot of the earlier Beth Moore studies and they were all good. I've learned a lot from her over the years. I've never done "Chasing Vines", so let me know what you think of it.

      Delete
  3. I like your outfit!! You look terrific!! Welcome home and how nice to have had such a great time away for such a joyful occasion!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! Your happiness at all the family time really shows. Glad you were able to be together and had a wonderful time. No, not familiar with either of those studies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacy. I'm thankful for every minute we had together.

      Delete
  5. Love the photos of you and your family - especially the one of your grandson dancing with mom. I'm not familiar with either of those studies, but I hope you'll update once you get started with whichever one you choose. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cathy, I enjoyed all your pictures. Colton looks so cute! I don't know about those Bible studies, but I have met Jennifer Rothschild at a Women of Faith Conference back in the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How awesome. One of the ladies in our group met her too and said she was very sweet.

      Delete
  7. Love that photo of you and your girls! You look so very happy:) And how fun to be looking forward to your beach trip. Hard to believe it has been almost a year since the last one!! Happy Friday to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer. I am blessed so beyond anything I deserve.

      Delete
  8. Such a fun trip to see family and enjoy a celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you had a good trip. I don't think we've settled on a study for this year yet either. We have done two that focused on the OT so are looking for something more NT. I do enjoy Jen Wilkin's studies and she has one out now on 1-2-3 John that looks good. I believe it's called Abide and we may do that one. The Prayer study caught my eye as well and we are also considering that one. I'm ready to get back to the weekly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I. In fact, I made the decision for us to do the When You Pray study.

      Delete
  10. What fun you had but it really is tiring to travel. We went to Myrtle Beach every fall for years! What a fun coincidence. It's still one of my favorite places to vacation. The beach...and all of the other fun things to do!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.