If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


The link is above.

1. Something you've waited for recently?  I waited for hubby to come out from his doctor's appointment.  Speaking of doctor's, I'm waiting to see the cardiologist on Thursday, to see what he's sees from the echocardiogram I had last month.

2. What's something you loved to do as a child? I loved playing on the swing set and swimming and bike riding and the hula hoop, and reading.

3. Something you learned from a grandparent?  I can't think of anything specific.  But my mom's dad was a singer and I think I learned my love of singing and hymns and southern gospel music from him and my mom and dad too.  My dad's dad also sang and he was a preacher and I know all of my grandparents showed me Jesus in their lives. 

4. The most visited cities in the world last year (according to this site) were-Bangkok, Paris, London, Dubai, and Singapore. Have you been to any of the cities mentioned? Which would you most like to see? How do you feel about international travel in general these days? I have not been to any of these cities.  I really no longer have any desire to travel outside the states.  There are still so many places here I'd love to see.

5. February is the perfect month to celebrate 35 years of marriage, which for us is February 18

6. Insert your own random thought here.


The above quote is something hubby often reminds us of.  It really helps when God doesn't answer my prayers the way I want or when we have problems and sickness, etc.  I just remember this and it helps me to let go of what I think things should be and just step down and let God be God and do it His way.  Life is so much better that way.  Hubby also reminds us along with this that we should strip that big red "S" off our chest, because we are not Superman and just trust God!

Thanks for visiting.

Cathy

7 comments:

  1. I was never very good at the hula hoop, but my oldest daughter could keep one floating all day long. I hope you get a good report from the cardiologist. Yes, it helps to remind myself often that God is God and I am not. I really like the Steven Curtis Chapman song with that as the title. If you've never heard it take a listen. It's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Joyce, I was never very good at the hula hoop -- but that didn't stop me from trying. I'd forgotten all about them!
    Such a wonderful legacy of faith your grandparents' instilled in you! My paternal grandfather was a Lutheran minister, but he passed before I was born. I think religion was practiced in my family -- but never talked about.
    Lifting my prayers right now for a 'thumbs up' from your cardiologist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy, I hope all is well with your heart. I suspect if there was anything wrong, they would have contacted you sooner. You mentioned singing and it made me think of my grandpa. He would play the guitar and sing too. Hula hoop was fun for a bit, but needed to move more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on 35 years!! Joe and I had our 35th in 2020, so we couldn't celebrate outside our home. Get out there and celebrate!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good reminder for everyone, especially me. :) Congrats 35 years this month! Your grandparents taught you good things for sure! This whole week has gotten away from me and I'm late visiting Hodgepodgers! Happy Thursday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your echocardiogram is great. Those were fun things to do as a kid. That was nice that you learned your love for hymns and your love for Jesus from your grandparents. True, travel is not fun anymore and there is a lot to see right here in the US. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the upcoming anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy